Hello all
After injuring my wrist 5 months ago at work I had an MRI on the wrist to tell me it was Ganglion, which isn't visible on the outside like I see on the some of the images on google. It's located deep within my wrist and very very small, 4mm apparently, however because of its location whenever I bend my wrist back or apply any pressure it feels as if the bones are pressing together. It is near impossible to do push-ups without pain and after trying a handstand for the first time in 5 months, it was very unpleasant. I spent three months in a splint and have been taking anti-inflammatories for 5 months now and it feels exactly the same. After seeing my GP and the hand surgeon, who insist that I didn't hurt my wrist at work (strange how it started hurting the exact moment my hand was twisted while dragging a 20kg object) and I must have done it somewhere else. They seem to downplay the Ganglion. However, I find it extremely frustrating considering there is very little I can do at gym without pain.
After my own research (typing 'ganglion' in google) a lot of the articles state that is common in gymnastics and weight lifting and for the life of me I can't see how anyone would be able to train with a ganglion, and considering mine feels exactly the same after 5 months of rest and there is no time limit on how long they heal I thought it would be a more well known problem?
Anyone else experienced a ganglion and found it healed? Because I am getting impatient and I'm tempted to opt for the surgery and have it sliced out of me.