Is this kind of stretching going to help me for my splits?
Also, how many times a week should I dynamically stretch?
Started by Alex Solis, November 3, 2010 · 5 Replies · 2,801 Views
Is this kind of stretching going to help me for my splits?
Also, how many times a week should I dynamically stretch?
1) No
2) From 0 to ∞ depending on goals/time/patience
Here's some good reading that may prove useful to you http://www.cmcrossroads.com/bradapp/doc ... tretching/
3RunMX, the information in the your other thread already answers this question. Dynamic stretching is one method of increasing flexibility, and works best (in my opinion and experience) when accompanied by static-unactive (relaxed/passive) and P.N.F. (isometric) stretching.
DannyCE, that is a wonderful resource. Thanks for posting. ![]()
Yes wonderful resource. Thanks a lot guys. In conclusion, I'll combine dynamic stretching with relaxed stretching and isometric stretching =] That way, I should get the splits in about, what, like 6 months tops?
3runMX said:Yes wonderful resource. Thanks a lot guys. In conclusion, I'll combine dynamic stretching with relaxed stretching and isometric stretching =] That way, I should get the splits in about, what, like 6 months tops?
It depends. You can make great gains with relaxed and dynamic stretching, but isometrics will probably give you the best. Make sure you are strong enough before doing isometrics too long, since they are a stressful strength exercise, you CAN injure yourself with them. If you're consistently sore after each application for more than 2-3 days, stop and work on building your strength for a month or two.
http://www.martialartsplanet.com/ has some great information in the flexibility section. Once you arrive at the page, go down until you see the Flexibility title in one of the sub-boards. Look for threads by a guy named Van Zandt.