This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

workin towards front levers and eventual victorian?

Started by Ortprod, June 9, 2008 · 2 Replies · 792 Views

Ortprod

Hey guys,

I want to start by thanking everyone for being so involved in the forum. I have read 90% of it and found it extremely helpful.

I would like some help with a little routine design. I have done a lot of different things and I would like to concentrate on upper body strength without losing my lower body too much. I have some good dynamic strength but my iso work sux right now.

Here is my plan:

"static day"

tuck planche=1min total

mana practice= 10 mins

handstand=1min total

back lever= 5-10 minutes of work

calf raise- 50-50-50 on 3 angles

jumps (50 total) or sprints 5-10 min

dynamic day (ring work)

Muscleup+L-sit 3x3

Ice cream makers 3x3

hspu (on paralettes) 3x3

circles (on rings) 3x3=this is like drawing circles with your shoulders/hands not like mushroom/horse circles

leg lifts 1x3

mana practice 5 min

calf raise

front squats 3x3 or sprints 5-10 min

My other 2 training days I teach and assist in a kettlebell class. I try to focus on legs when I teach and try to "pop" and get speed in my legs.

For the last week I have been doing gtg front levers in advanced tuck position for 4 sets 15 seconds. I also do gtg handstands and paralette practice (mostly I practice L-sit transfer to handstand). I work my grip strength 2 times per week with Captain of Crush grippers, plate pinching, elastics, and a wrist roller for maybe 30 minutes.

I like to do Pk once in a while but I don't train very hard in it any more because of my schedule. I weigh around 188lb and I am trying to drop some weight at this moment.

I have a recent blog about all my new PRs if anyone is interested, but again I am primarily looking for some help with routine design. ANY feedback would be awesome!

Thanks again guys! Good luck in everyones training!

-J

cathal

nice workout but regarding achieving the victorian- dream on! :wink:

Ortprod

LOL, don't I know it. At this point I would very much like to and I still consider it an eventual goal. Keep in mind, I am talkin' like 6 years from now. I will continue to dream about it thought. >_