With the FSP the goal is to hold for 60 seconds, if I understand correctly. I was wondering if any of Coach's athletes are holding 60 second full planches, or if they stop at a shorter number.
For Coach and Or/Dillon
Started by Sternford, October 27, 2010 · 6 Replies · 2,772 Views
No way! For example the goal for a straddle planche is just 10-15s. Full planche we're probably talking 5-10s. Yan Mingyong still rings world champion can hold a 30s full planche as far as I've heard.
For ring levers (front and back) should we build them up to at least 30s for stradddle and up? I think slizzardman said at ome point that for certain moves you only go up to 30s (MSH, straddle L one hand centre, straddles, etc).
The tucks are 60s, not every position. Straddle and higher is 15s.
Back lever you can certainly go beyond 10s. Without being coach I'd say a 30s full back lever is a reasonable goal that will still provide benefit. Allan Bower can hold a 10s FL according to the book so I doubt 30s is something to aim for in that position. Rather move on to front lever rows or something I'm guessing..
Wait then why is it necessary to hold a 60 sec l-sit? That isnt tucked
I will try to make this clear and precise. Advanced positions put a lot of strain on your body. Basic FSP's are there to prepare your body for that future strain. As a lot of us know, moving on too fast will almost certainly lead to injury. Being able to hold a basic position for 60s means that your joints, ligaments, tendons, wrists, and so forth have been given the time required to adapt. Once 60s is achieved on the basic positions, moving on to the harder ones will be healthier and much easier. These basic positions should be thought of as the foundation upon which all other BtGB strength builds upon. Once work is started on the more advanced positions, and the leverage starts to increase, it becomes unreasonable to continue to hold for 60s before moving on. At that point we came to the conclusion that 15s shows enough strength in the skill to move on.
I can not go into a detailed account of which positions are 60s and which are 15s.
trianglechoke7 said:The tucks are 60s, not every position. Straddle and higher is 15s.
This is generally correct. Exceptions are basic support positions: L-sit, MSH, Straddle-L, and all variations of these, which must be 60s.