is it worth doing the planche progressions on rings?? do you gain better strength, or just stability?
and what is the TRUE difference between the muscles worked in planche hands backwards as oppossed to hands forward?
any help appreciated ![]()
Started by Robert Charlton, October 23, 2010 · 2 Replies · 2,336 Views
is it worth doing the planche progressions on rings?? do you gain better strength, or just stability?
and what is the TRUE difference between the muscles worked in planche hands backwards as oppossed to hands forward?
any help appreciated ![]()
You gain better strength in chest and stabilizers on rings than you do on floor. I'd also like to point out that I personally consider 'stability' to be better strength aswell, but I'm assuming you mean in the anterior deltoid which is the 'planche muscle' for which the answer then would be not so much or maybe a bit from the wobbling back and forth.
The TRUE difference from hands backwards is that it gives better elbow conditioning, more bicep strength and slightly more anterior shoulder strength (assuming you normally create some tension with fingertips on floor with hands forwards). There are probably people that can fill in gaps if I missed something.
It is totally worth it. Not only that but ring planches while turning your hands all the way back prepare your bicep much better and are generally harder. If you plan on moving to harder ring skills this is the way to go. To give you an idea, I can do a straddle planche with hands forward for about five seconds but I can only advance tuck on the rings and even that is difficult.