Hey all
I've been thinking of getting a PICP lvl 1 (for now) and biosig lvl 1 certification. Does anyone here have them and can people provide some insight in which pre requisite knowledge I should have before going?
Thanks in advance
Razz
Started by Razz, October 20, 2010 · 13 Replies · 5,974 Views
Hey all
I've been thinking of getting a PICP lvl 1 (for now) and biosig lvl 1 certification. Does anyone here have them and can people provide some insight in which pre requisite knowledge I should have before going?
Thanks in advance
Razz
+1. I'm mainly interested in the BioSignature course but any 'inside' info on both courses is welcome.
buuuuump ![]()
Using google-fu some time ago allowed me to bring up a review on the biosig and a lot of the points on it. Unfortunately it's archived and my HD's are packed away right now and my tower is in storage.
I think there is a very complete review from Rob Wolf at his web.
Thank you, Omegant. Here is Robb's BioSignature review.
biomieg said:Thank you, Omegant. Here is Robb's BioSignature review.
Good review. Its a shame that he couldn't leave it at that.
I used my limited google fu but didn't find much about the actual pre requisites, just stuff about how fantastic people think it is. I'm asking because I don't wanna pay for it and then not pass the exam. Furthermore in order to be a licensed practitioner does one have to take one seminar per year???
Ido has written a bit about the prerequisites 'somewhere' on the forum. i think he said that PICP would not be a problem for anyone (he was answering a similar question as yours Razz, but from another forum member) and that BioSignature goes pretty deep in terms of the scientific background. He suggested to read up on basic biochemistry/metabolism/endocrinology etcetera before engaging in the course. But I don't think there are any true prerequisites in the sense that you need them to be able to register or something like that. There are just recommendations.
This post probably didn't help a lot ![]()
Thanks biomieg, I've seen that post, I was just looking for more opinions
I know there are no actual pre reqs, but I'm thinking what should I know in order to pass ![]()
the PICP requirements and prerequisites were available on his web page when I checked a few months ago.
Heya Razz! I'm also going to follow a PICP1 and Biosignature this february; I have some knowledge of biomechanics, decent knowledge of programming and nutrition/biochemistry.
From the PICP 1 manual what I can tell, there is no prerequisite whatsoever, just would be handy to know what the basic anatomy of the muscle is (sarcomeres, actin/myosin etc etc) but most of these concepts are also simplified and explained in there with practical application.
I haven't been able to register for Biosignature yet , but when I have done it I will let you know about the nature of the manual!
Further upon registering Poliquin also gives you a recommended reading list to prepare for Biosignature, which will cover all that you need in preperation beforehand as far as I know
Very cool article Blair! [ the more complete review I can no longer find is on my HD somewhere. A few weeks and I'll probably just buy a laptop and usb enclosure. ]
And Alex I didn't know you'd get materials send beforehand, that certainly makes me less nervous about coming in there not knowing my stuff
would still be cool if you write some stuff when you receive the manual.
Thanks guys!
From CP's site:
Read the theory section
PICP Level 1: Regional CoachUpper Body Structural Balance
At the conclusion of the P.I.C.P. Level 1 Course, coaches and trainers will:
Understand all Theory 1 Principles
Understand the concept of Structural Balance
Be able to perform the Upper Body Structural Balance Assessment
Understand Upper Body Exercise Progressions and Variations
Be able to differentiate strength programs and have an introduction to Program Design
Have an introduction to stretching techniques
THEORY
The Theory component is the Level 1 Theory Manual. In the Theory 1 Manual, coaches and trainers will learn to differentiate strength qualities and know the scientific basis of the following training loading parameters: Manipulation of Reps, Manipulation of Sets, Rest Intervals and Science of Tempo.
Upon completion of the Theory 1 Manual, the Theory 1 Exam (50-question, Multiple Choice) will need to be submitted. The passing grade is 92% and must be passed before attending the course.
TECHNICAL
The Technical component consists of an in-class lecture/presentation based on designing effective strength programs. By the end of the course, a written exam will be given. The passing grade is 92%.
PRACTICAL
To complete the Practical component, the coach or trainer will administer an Upper Body Structural Balance Assessment. Grades will be based on a Pass/Fail System.