GB forum member photos and info

Started by Guest, October 20, 2010 · 4 Replies · 3,301 Views

Guest

We already have a thread for 'best pics' involving gymnastic movements/handbalancing etcetera but I thought it would be nice to have a more 'personal' thread as well. The GB community is growing and with the increasing WOD and seminar participation I thought it would be a nice idea to have a thread where we could connect a face to a name, and maybe tell something about ourselves.

The idea is to post pics in a non-gymnastic context, just something to show you as a person. All pics should be SFW of course and yes, they can be funny/goofy/whatever :)

I'll start. My name is Michaël - pronounced Mee-cha-el with a guttural 'ch' - and I am a 36-year-old biologist (PhD) from The Netherlands. Hence my nickname, with the 'mieg' part being the Dutch phonetical transcription of the first part of my abbreviated name ;) I have played capoeira for seven years but got a bit dissatisfied with the training methodology or rather, the lack thereof, and in my quest for finding something else I stumbled upon Ido's work and via him I discovered BtGB. And here I am! I'm not training capoeira anymore but I am planning to start again and incorporate everything I've learned about strength and conditioning and nutrition.

This is me:

25732_1338456032105_1552285237_808884_2401648_n.jpg

Who's next?

Razz

Well..about 4 months old. I have a feeling my unserious pics would not be appropriate :mrgreen: Well that and I can't find a lot of unserious ones where I'm alone.

40097101502429828455577.jpg

Michael Traynor

Well these are pretty old pictures but I guess I look more or less like this but with less hair.

My name is Michael, I am now training hard daily and helping to coach little people at gymnastics thanks to BtGB, Coach Sommer and all of you lovely BtGB-ites. I am a sports and creative arts youth worker as a full time job doing anything from Breakdance classes, Graphic and Computer Art, Singing and Playing instruments, work is fun and varied but a lot of hours.

I have been training gymnastics more or less exclusively since I discovered that someone my age is not to old and that you can buy rings, then when I discovered this site my life (and abilities) inproved 200%. I have also trained a little Capoeira but am unable to train with anyone so have to teach myself anything new I want to learn which can get a bit lonely (much like my many hours of solo gymnastics and bboy training) but hey, If you want things you have to be willing to put in the work even if it's on your own.

Squinting into the distance

oban2.jpg

Training Hard

wackamole.jpg

Erik Sjolin

Well, this sounds like a bit of fun, so what the hey, I'm in too!

I train daily as well, although unless it's an actual workout day I do the statics progressions and anything I can think of to mess around. I'm getting incredibly close to a full layout back lever (a comfortable one; not too likely to hurt myself anymore), but everything else is just chugging along.

I don't look too much like the photo anymore (despite that it was taken only two months ago), so I may add another better one later.

post-12206-13531537109196_thumb.jpg

Christian Sørlie

Thought this is a fun picture.

I was going to a customer up north here in Norway on my birthday, and having jokingly hinted that I expected a gift, specifically a Fender guitar, they got me this toy guitar with a Fender sticker. Fun day :D

post-38213-13531537109447_thumb.jpg