hi all,
just joined forum, as i've just started to train using bodyweight and want to add rings into my training. I did bodybuilding for
about 16-18 months before hand, but have found that bodyweight and rings suit me more, and I've kept all my muscle mass I gained whilst bodybuilding over the last 8 weeks i've been doing bodyweight (elite calisthenics / bar-barians forum).
I've just started on basic ring exercises, I stretch for NO LESS than 10 minutes before each session and will not start a session before I feel as though I've stretched properly. I stretch everything including wrists and legs, and all upper body and hold the stretches for 15-20 seconds each.
The 1st exercise that I wanted to start with was the Bulgarian Dips on the rings, I've got the strength to balance without shaking, and do reps of about 4/5 per set. Now this will sound odd.....as i'm doing the dips, I feel fine...it's just when I've finished my workout and stretched off at the end, that my right shoulder/collar bone started to feel odd. It's not painfull at all,
It just feels as though something is not in the right "place"! Even when I stretch my shoulders, it feels odd, nothing like my left shoulder anyway. I do stretches like this (sorry don't know what they're called) sat down, walk my hands behind me till they won't go any more, then walk back - I do that a few times. I also do a lot of static stretching and shoulder "360's"?.
I don't really get this when I'm doing normal dips on parallel bars or even weighted dips for that matter.
Little "pops" from the joints are normal? Just air moving around? i get that from time to time in my right shoulder too.
Do any of you have any tips/stretches/exercises/info on what might cure this "odd" problem? my collar bone and right shoulder, either need to loosen up loads or i need to work on it's flexibility more.
Thanks for the help.