This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Jonathan Mead's Workout Log

Started by Jonathan Mead, October 18, 2010 · 3 Replies · 574 Views

Jonathan Mead

10/18/2010

Warmup:

German hang 2x20 seconds

10 fingertip pushups

basic mobility routine / joint lubrication

Tested FSP maxes to prepare for first SSC:

Planche tuck: 30 seconds

Front lever tuck: 30 seconds

Back lever tuck: 15 seconds

L sit low (legs not parallel): 20 seconds

Opted out of training FSP today due to testing maxes

WOD: Four sets

40' Ag walks

30 second swinging dips

5 XR dips

5 PPP

2x10 wrist pushups on knees

Cooldown:

Shoulder ROM prehab on bands

Wrist prehab routine

By far the most difficult part of the WOD was the swinging dips & regular dips. It was a big challenge for me to do these simultaneously so I had to break up the sets a bit. I also realized that I've vastly under-trained my dips, I hardly ever work on them. This was nice to notice and become more conscious of. I would have loved to do the russian dips, but I don't have a proper pbar station (only paralettes).

Awesome workout today! Excited to start my first workout log and SSC!

Jonathan Mead

Workout yesterday (10/19) was light since I was feeling a bit run down from Monday's WOD -- my first time doing the WOD so it makes sense. I didn't know you could experience that much "sensitivity" in your muscles. :)

What I did 10/19:

Warmup: mobility / range of motion to warmup the joints + quick easy holds for a few seconds in all FSP positions.

FSP:

4x15 seconds planche tuck

4x15 seconds FL tuck

6 x 10 seconds L sit low

6 x 10 seconds GH

That was it! Today I took the day off, focused on nutrition and got a 90 min sports massage. Feeling really good about my training and looking forward to tomorrow's WOD. :)

Jonathan Mead

Today's workout:

WU:

Joint mobilization routine

5 45° pushups on rings

5 45° rows on rings

5 20° pushups on rings

5 20° rows on rings

2 SLS each leg

5 pullups

10 shoulder dislocates

2x30 second dead hang on pullup bar

FSP:

3x15 seconds tuck PL

3x15 sec tuck FL

6x10 sec LS low

6x10 sec GH

WOD:

4x3 FL Rows

5x5 PPP

(skipped the 360 pulls today as my elbow needs more time to recover)

I did my FSPs before this workout so I opted out of doing them again on the rings

3x2 Bridge Wall Walks

10 shoulder dislocations

static stretching + light yoga

I'll also be going to adult gymnastic class tonight which includes stretching and a lot of handstand work. Looking forward to seeing if I can walk for 20+ feet on the hands. :)

Jonathan Mead

Today's workout:

Warmup:

Joint mobilization routine

5 pullups

2x10 second all FSP -- opted out of doing a full set of FSP today as this is my first SSC and have already done it three times previously this week. Next week I'll try four full days.

WOD:

4 sets of:

Shuttle runs 90 seconds

5 FL pulls

I upped the running because I didn't know a replacement for cirques and naners, since I don't have a rope or bar with clearance. This week seemed a little leg-light, so I wanted to incorporate a bit more leg work anyway.

3x3 SLS (each leg)

2x1 sideways walking lunge (not sure what this is actually called)

Cooldown:

Shoulder ROM routine

Static stretching

Excited to complete my first week of WODs and SSC! This is just the beginning of something awesome! :)