Jeff @ CFST said:Patrick Smith said:Jeff, what do you think a good P/F ratio is? My general P/F/C ratio is 1:1:1/2Difficult to answer without knowing specifics. As far a generic answer - RDA says .8/KB BW for protein, most recommend 1.2-1.4, Jeff Volek says 1.8ish, Poliquin says 3ish. I would use 1.5g/lb of BW as a minimum. In terms of a ratio to fat are you counting calories or grams?
That's helpful, generic though it is. I always count grams and for some foods (like some vegetables) I closely guess. I know the basic gram count of most of the foods that I eat on a daily bases. In fact, I've kept a nutrition journal with the details of each meal of the day. Glad to know about eh 1.5g/lb. I've been getting around or a bit less than 200g protein a day, and while I'm getting good results (just started getting 200g day two weeks ago), I want to be very thick. I'll increase it to 250g protein a day or as close to it as I can get! Thank God for True Protein or I'd never be able to afford it.