Recently, whenever I hold a V-sit, or Lsit position, I feel terrible lower back pain, that ends up ruining parts of my workout. does anybody have a suggestions to cure this? I've heard that my hamstrings need to be stretched more to correct this. Any sample stretch routines would be helpful, as there aren't many on this site. thanks
Lower Back Pain
Started by pistol33, June 6, 2008 · 4 Replies · 3,954 Views
I suggest you to train more the lower back with specific exercise (like back extension on the ground) and do front/back limber.
Maybe it has something to do with your hip flexors, because that is usually the root of the problem with anything related to L-sits. Yes hamstrings should be stretched, do a pike stretch to help with your flexors and stretches the hamstrings a bit.
And like Felipe said do some front and back limbers and a hollow hold; I believe a hollow is the same as a limber.
thanks i'll start with that
whatever it takes to get rid of this
Limbers are a tumbling progression (and at coaches advice strength/conditioning move). It is akin to a walkover, for a front limber kick up into a handstand (may hold handstand, optional) lower your body into a bridge and from the bdridge stand up. For a back limber vice versa, from a standing position (with arms extended above) lower down into a bridge, kick over with the feet to a handstand and pike down or step out.
For extensive guidelines and progressions see this post by Coach Sommer http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=350
Ed