When you are trying to press to HS on the rings, and you are supposed to turn the rings out, which way is "out" When you get to the HS position, are you palms facing your abs or your back?
Thanks, The Averagely newguy
Started by Newguy, October 7, 2010 · 3 Replies · 1,728 Views
When you are trying to press to HS on the rings, and you are supposed to turn the rings out, which way is "out" When you get to the HS position, are you palms facing your abs or your back?
Thanks, The Averagely newguy
Let's assume that the letter I is zero degrees. so here are the rings normally as if they were p-bars:
I I
for handstands, something like 10-15 degrees of external rotation is ideal, so it will look something like this
\ /
this means your palms will be facing somewhat forward
for something like planche though, the rings will be turned out significantly more
for PL 45-90 degrees outwards. Some do it with rings parallel though.
Thanks Guys ![]()