Is GymnasticBodies Alone????

Started by Newguy, September 30, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,558 Views

Newguy

I was just wondering, is Gymnastic bodies the only exclusively gymnastic style training program out there? Or is GymnasticBodies Unique? Trust me I would NEVER leave coach's program, I am just curious what else is out there?

Thanks,

The Newguy

Blairbob

I have 2 or 3 others come up after GB. One is on American-Gymnast and is called, GymABstics. Another is off, Scott Sonnon's site. Prior to GB, there was Tyler's RingTraining.com which was the first on the block with fitness rings to the public as we know them (besides traditional gymnastic rings).

Felipe

I think that coach sommer is the only systemic and integrated approach to skill and stength in gymnastics.

Most of the (ignorant) coaches think that

they are impossible to do togheter / you only need to do 100 pushups / you only need to repeat what your are doing / etc.

Better coaches developed a traditional way of conditioning and learning, but rarely if never I saw ideas like the WOD, the FSP, the strength based approach, the progression, the flexibility and pliometrics on which coach has much to say in the future...

Neal Winkler

There's bodyweightculture.com but it's more endurance oriented than this board, which is strength oriented.

Blairbob

Bodyweightculture from what I have seen is a big proponent of the USA. Interesting piece of equipment, but nothing I'm interested in.

Tyler's ringtraining pdf is pretty neat. I haven't checked out GymAbstics yet and I thought I saw the RMAX gymnastics DVD at Region1 congress on a vendor's table.