Where can i find the Code of Points?

Started by Svend, September 29, 2010 · 13 Replies · 3,242 Views

Svend

Hey strong guys!

I've been searching quite a bit around looking for the Code of Points or more specifically the Table of Elements to see the letter value of each respective skill in the still rings. I've found a few links but they all don't work. Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance! :D

Svend

Det kan du tro ;) Vi er vist efterhånden et par stykker herinde!

Thanks a lot!

I think I've been browsing on that webpage quite a few times but have not been able to find it before now :D

Joshua Naterman

If you are somewhat patient and intelligent you can actually use those FIG codes to figure out some beginning skill training, since you can start at the lowest level and start working on the scored skills in each by point value, going up a level each time you have mastered a particular level.

Razz

Most people will need a series of progressions even leading them to A level, but yeah once you're there you can start experimenting :D

Joshua Naterman

I mean like level 4, level 5, I don't even mean the international level yet lol!!! I forget where I saw all that, but I was like HMM... a little bit of analysis here would be very productive.

Sternford

There's some things in there I don't understand, like how a pike press is worth the same as a straight body, bent arm press

Razz
slizzardman said:
I mean like level 4, level 5, I don't even mean the international level yet lol!!! I forget where I saw all that, but I was like HMM... a little bit of analysis here would be very productive.

OH right, of course :D

Svend
slizzardman said:
I mean like level 4, level 5, I don't even mean the international level yet lol!!! I forget where I saw all that, but I was like HMM... a little bit of analysis here would be very productive.

That could actually be quite interesting to have a look at. While I'm able to do a few A skills and even some B skills, most of the stuff is still really advanced and probably something I won't be messing around with before I have more solid static holds (I hold a full lay front lever for a few seconds but I'm only at advanced tuck back lever and planche). To see some more basic skills would be nice while putting together a skill routine that won't feel like a strength workout :)

Is this available online? I'll look for it!

EDIT: I found this http://www.vaboysgymnastics.org/files/comps/Chapter%206%20-%20Compulsory%20Still%20Rings.pdf. It has the required routines from level 4 to 7. I think it could be quite fun to try and work myself up the levels. Looks like I'll be training a lot of swinging since I haven't really been attempting that at all - hopefully I can have one of the elite guys at the gym give me some pointers :D

Blairbob

Basically:

L4: Pu, L-hang, german hang and back lever

L5: Muscle-up, support hold, back roll to basket hang from support, german hang and back lever

L6/7: Press to shoulderstand/HS. They used to have front lever in there as well.

Razz

Svend do you train at Gefion in cph?

Svend
Blairbob said:
Basically:

L4: Pu, L-hang, german hang and back lever

L5: Muscle-up, support hold, back roll to basket hang from support, german hang and back lever

L6/7: Press to shoulderstand/HS. They used to have front lever in there as well.

Yes, I see that. I think the most difficult thing for me will be the swinging, so that's probably going to be my main objective in skill training for quite a while. Am I the only one who finds it extremely hard to move practically anywhere in the back swing? :shock:

Razz said:
Svend do you train at Gefion in cph?

Yeah, sort of. They have "open gym" in the evenings that I attend. You pretty much just get to use their facilities and do whatever you feel like - there's no coaches there.

Blairbob

Swing mechanics are very complicated with probably a longer learning curve. There is a good article in the USA-gymnastics archive on basic apparatus swing.

For now, focus on pushing the rings as far forward as possible in the back swing, keeping your ears covered. A lot of it will depend on how big the front swing. For the front swing, merely focus on pulling the rings back as far as possible as you kick not sticking your head out and levering with the lats.

You can start turning the rings out in the back swing if you are fully pushing the rings forward. Some prefer to keep the head in or out pending but I would not be concerned with turning the rings out in the front swing until you build a good beginner's swing. That means swinging at or above horizontal to the rings.

Gregor
Sternford said:
There's some things in there I don't understand, like how a pike press is worth the same as a straight body, bent arm press

Because it's a "same @#$!" :lol: If we are not joking: it's because neither of them deserves higher rank lever or other way around-lower rank level.