This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100927

Started by Coach Sommer, September 27, 2010 · 12 Replies · 1,780 Views

Coach Sommer

pTUn2-sF3Hw

Complete four rounds:

40’ Senders

20 Squat Jumps

10 Box jumps

5 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

notes:

1) Move immediately from the Senders to the Squat Jumps to the Box Jumps to the Depth Jumps.

2) To perform the Squat Jumps, squat down fully and then jump as high as possible. Land, re-squat fully and touch the hands to the ground. This constitutes one repetition. Do not pause in between the repetitions.

3) The Box Jumps should be performed from a stand up onto as high a box as possible for all 10 repetitions. An excellent athlete will perform these onto a box that is at least chest high. Add weight with a dumbbell or weight vest if possible. There may be a slight pause in between each of the box jump repetitions.

4) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

5) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Simon Grégoire

This look fun! It's my first time doing dynamic leg WOD, can't wait! Look like I'll go to the park today... :)

Joshua Naterman

They are fun until halfway through the squat jumps.. :lol:

I love the dynamic leg wods.

Alvaro

I had to survive today on this wod as I don´t have access to a high enough point for depth jumps and box jumps( a chair is the only no glass stuff available go figure!). so:

4X:

30´ senders (hey I think I´m improving in this one!

20 squat jumps (really hard!)

10 box jumps

5 depth jumps (from a chair.... so sisi) :oops:

Max Johnson

Warmup:

Jumprope, shoulder circles/shrugs

Wrist series (palm down/up leans, 1x10 knee pushups of: dorsal, wrist, first knuckle, finger, fingertip hopping)

FSP warmup:

2 x (20s Bent Straddle-L + 15s Lowish L-hang)

2 x (15s Planche Lean + 15s Reverse Pushup)

2 x (20s Bent L-sit + 15s Assisted German Hang)

WOD:

40′ Senders

20/15/15/15 Squat Jumps

10 26″ Box Jumps

5 26″ Depth Jumps

2x30s Weighted Pike Stretch (10lbs)

Cooldown:

Dominic Lacasse pike stretching routine

Notes:

  • [*:21qqa25q]Got a bit more tired with this than last time - had semi-tight chest and slightly uncomfortable breathing, which I haven't really felt since being really unfit a few years back. Might be because I skipped lunch today and did the WOD at 8pm.
    [*:21qqa25q]I took a 5s rest between the Squat Jumps and the Box Jumps.
    [*:21qqa25q]First try doing Senders rather than rebounding probably didn't help either. I wasn't jumping over any objects - just rebounding forwards, and probably not getting very high.
    [*:21qqa25q]Also first time doing Weighted Pike Stretches - it'd definitely be handy to have a dumbbell/plate here...

Simon Grégoire

Woah... That was pretty brutal! I was pumping air a lot more than expected! I only did 3 rounds... That was enough. I don't want to hurt a knee or an ankle going overboard with something new to me like this.

So 3 times

-40' sender / I used small dead tree branches laying around and made obstacles with them, for both high and long jump... looked pretty funny :roll:

-20 squat jump

-10 X 3' box jump / on a picnic table

-5 X 5' depth jump / jumped down from a playing ground wooden thingy / that's pretty high if you're not used to it!

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Warmup:

500m Row

15s Samson Stretch

15 OHS

FSP:

2 x 1 Staddle L (PB Low; 20s, 15s)

2 x 1 Front Lever (Flat Tuck; 5s, 5s)

2 x 1 Planche (Tuck; 10s, 12s)

2 x 1 Manna (PB Bent; 15s, 20s)

2 x 1 Back Lever (Flat Tuck; 13s, 15s)

2 x 1 L-Sit (Floor; 5s, 7s)

WOD:

40' Senders (One way is 10'; repeated 4 times --> 12", 16", 20", 16", 12")

20 Squat Jumps

10 Box Jumps (30")

5 Depth Jumps (45")

Finish With 2 x 30s Weighted Pike Stretch; 2 x 10 Side Rotator Cuffs (5#). Stretch.

Alexander Moreen

My first dynamic leg day in quite a while, so I took it a little slow.

4 rounds:

40' rebounding for height and distance on packed arizona soil(are senders safe on hard surfaces on the knees?)

20 squat jumps which made me feel like I was gonna puke

10 48" box jumps (low because I couldn't find a good platform to jump onto any higher than that) with 10 48" depth jumps off I guess haha

5 84" depth jumps plus like 2 jumps each set where I step forward out of it from too much forward momentum.

I notice from the feelings of fatigue that I jump harder with my left leg and absorb more impact with my right, any ideas how to correct this?

Joshua Naterman

That's a good question... outside of consciously controlling this with lower depth jumps and working back up to a controlled higher depth jump I don't know. I would think that wall squats, extreme end ROM bungarian squat stretches and lunge stretches would help quite a lot, as the former would allow you to get each leg firing more or less evenly and the latter would help you reprogram the legs to perform maximally independantly. You can change the emphasis from a single leg squat hold on the front leg to a quad and hip flexor stretch on the rear leg (the intended use) with the bulgarian, and the lunge should be pretty tough on the front leg. Just remember to have the front leg pulling the heel towards your body, so keep the heel slightly in front of the knee to facilitate this, and keep the back leg straight. Use your muscles to pull your hips towards the ground with an upright, neutral body.

Outside of that, I have no real ideas. I'd love to hear what other people think.

My WOD:

4 rounds:

40' homemade senders

20 squat jumps (yes, I did them all! Go-Go Gadget increased work capacity!)

10 box jumps 40 inches or so, depth jumps off of the retaining wall after each rep, so I didn't do separate depth jumps since this was plenty right now, especially in bare feet. I feel great though!

Joshua Naterman

2JQkvqSiu5c

Razz

Some damn good senders Sliz!

Joshua Naterman
Razz said:
Some damn good senders Sliz!

And let me tell all of you something... "THIS floor doesn't bounce!" :lol:

Razz

HAHAHAHAHAHA