Planche - Frog Stand

Started by 1druid1, May 31, 2008 · 2 Replies · 4,594 Views

1druid1

Hi All

Hope all is well.

I have a quick question regarding the Frog Stand, I am trying to take the advice of Coach Sommer and do the Frog Stand with straight arms instead of bent, the problem i am having is that I start with straight arms and end my 60s with bent arms, what can I do to improve upon the straight arm, or is it just a case of practice, practice, practice?

Cheers

Dougie

Coach Sommer

To establish your the static hold time of your sets; first establish your maximum CORRECT static hold. As soon as you break correct form/position the set is terminated. Now divide that set by two; this will now be the time that you hold each set for. Divide the time of your set (i.e. 5 seconds or 7 seconds etc) into 60; this will be the number of sets you should perform. In 6-8 weeks re-test for a new maximum.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

1druid1

Thanks Coach

Your advice is always appreciated, I know you are busy.

Cheers

Dougie