This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100921

Started by Coach Sommer, September 21, 2010 · 33 Replies · 3,508 Views

Freeflyer
slizzardman said:
Dousing feels good!

Gonna have to agree. My tap doesn't get cold :(, so I am leaving the bucket in the fridge all night/day. I did this morning, and lets just say it was quite the shock. Unfortunately this method only gets me one bucket at a time. I have to wait till it gets cold before I get cold tap water.

Tarun Suri

2 buckets always gave me a headache, so I always stopped at 1. Unless I felt like I was getting a cold.

IMO, I don't think drying protocol really matters. It's the shock that really carries the benefits. The timing of the day might be important though. I think Kevin Secours (author) states that it's best to do it in the morning and evening.

Kiyoshi

Would climbing fences with your hands only be a good substitute for rope climbs?

Samuel Carr

About the cold water dousing..... I dont think the shower water where i live gets cold enough for this to be truly effective during the summer. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get extremely cold water and somehow incorporate it daily morning showers?

Alexander Moreen
Kiyoshi said:
Would climbing fences with your hands only be a good substitute for rope climbs?

Not really. If you have a set of rings attach the straps together and climb those. That will be slightly harder than a proper rope. You could also try climbing the chains holding a swing up or a skinny pole like a support for monkey bars.

Freeflyer
element3904 said:
About the cold water dousing..... I dont think the shower water where i live gets cold enough for this to be truly effective during the summer. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get extremely cold water and somehow incorporate it daily morning showers?

My tap is warm in the summer too. I just cleared out some space for a 3.5gal bucket in my fridge, and leave the water in overnight. Damn that is some cold water too!

Samuel Carr
Nick_EOD said:
element3904 said:
About the cold water dousing..... I dont think the shower water where i live gets cold enough for this to be truly effective during the summer. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get extremely cold water and somehow incorporate it daily morning showers?

My tap is warm in the summer too. I just cleared out some space for a 3.5gal bucket in my fridge, and leave the water in overnight. Damn that is some cold water too!

Ya that sounds like a good idea. The problem for me would be getting the bucket from the fridge (or i could just leave it outside overnight??) through my house to the shower. Seems like it could be a potential hazard

Freeflyer

Well, leaving it outside works great if it is cold, and I believe that is what O-sensei Ueshiba did.

As far as the navigating it through the house, I suggest a bucket with a handle. I traverse stairs with mine and have only spilled a few drops, all of those at the fridge door.