Archer Pushups and Airplanes

Started by Justin Rawley, September 21, 2010 · 3 Replies · 2,309 Views

Justin Rawley

I would like eventually to devolope a full "Airplane" or "Swallow" but I'm a long way off from that yet.

In the mean time, I'm doing archer pushups and airplanes as progression exercises for general strength.

This is the first recording I've made of archer pushups:

DZcPg648_8Y

Here are the airplanes from the knees. (When I try this exercise on the feet, I can't get all the way down yet). Even doing them from the knees, I'm still not quite down as far as I should be.

BGJHOLIj3Vk

John Sapinoso

Nice work! Just make sure you take it slow and take care of your elbows.

[=

gymgreg

It looks like your arms are not rotated correctly.

Ideally your elbow crease should be pointing straight down (and the back of your elbows straight up) and not towards the camera.

This will be even more demanding on your elbows, so take great care.

Justin Rawley

Thanks for the tip, I'll work on rotating the elbows more.