After this Fridays WOD with the following ring strength routine-
3 sets of; MU, 2 XR Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to a shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Reverse Cranks, 2 slow FL Pulls
If i'm still working on Ring Strength I (can't do muscle up, and poor XR dips, working on Russian negatives now) do i just perform Ring Strength I in place of what ever the given routine?
Is there any benefit to working on some of the extra or new elements individually for example adding the rev cranks, FL pulls to RS I, or lowering the rings after doing the RS I and playing with Shoulder Stands?
Naturally its kind of nice to work on these, but is it going to help progress in the long run or If i can't do a muscle up yet, is it best if i focus most of my energy on that?
I've noticed that most of the WODs have gotten to the point where i pretty much know what to do and get through them fairly efficiently but the Ring Strength one i find i'm fiddling with what and how to do them, this Friday's was a disaster that way. I totally got bogged down, and ran out of time well before finishing.
I have the feeling i should just block the instructions on the page out and do RS I with some extra Muscle Up work and be happy.
I did note that Coach wants us to be able to do three MUs before moving on to RSII.