Interesting endurance development.

Started by Joshua Naterman, September 18, 2010 · 5 Replies · 6,352 Views

Joshua Naterman

I have noticed that by doing the WODs, the proper warm ups, and slowly jogging from the train station a few blocks to and from my classes 5 days a week I am turning back into an endurance monster. I'm not losing any strength at all, I am simply getting to where I don't get tired anymore, like ever.

I was sparring last week for what I guess was a few pretty long rounds, and the other guys (who compete and consider themselves to be in fairly good shape) were like "Dude, are you tired?" I honestly answered no, I mean I wasn't even breathing hard. I told them the mid and rear delts on my left shoulder were tired from so much jabbing since I am not used to that anymore, but that was it. I wasn't really even sweating. Pretty funny. The same thing happens when I was rolling, I just don't get tired.

Not much else to say, I just wanted to share. The WOD programming builds excellent endurance.

Razz

Some of the conditioning in my new gymnastics club is kinda endurance based (can't blame them, that's the usual gymnastics).. Well there I came with my 100% strength base and 0% endurance training.. Owned all of them in endurance..

Joshua Naterman

For me, it's mostly cardiovascular endurance. My muscular endurance is ok, but I don't feel like it is particularly good. For example, I no longer have confidence in my ability to do sets of 50 correct dips, much less my PR of 90-something in a row. I am fixing this in my warm ups, whole body and not just dips, and that is actually going very, very well so far.

Razz

I was talking muscular..My cardio sucks right now, but that's my own fault :P

Joshua Naterman

Interesting. I expect that by the end of the year I will have built back to a reasonable level (to me) of muscular endurance. I'm well ahead of most anyone in the gym, but I remember what I used to be able to do, and I will be slowly working a bit more towards that.

Ryan Libke

I think my muscular endurance in my upper body has never been better, especially with the wall runs and ring series and what not. I am off track a little bit with the cardio, need to do some more intervals and runs, but it was too hot during the summer! (or, at least, that is the pathetic excuse.)