Side Lever 'flag' Bar thickness??

Started by norbeex3, September 18, 2010 · 2 Replies · 2,201 Views

norbeex3

Hi!

I came by a problem with the flag hold. I built a vertical pole/bar for my flag hold, I know it's better on swedish bars but I would like to develop it the hard way but the bar seems to be too narrow maybe around 1 inch. Am I too week so my hands slips down, or the bar is too narrow?( I don't think it's strength problem, cause I'm not a beginner, but my hand slips as soon as I try to lift my feet)

What is the ideal thickness for the pole and what can I put on it to have a good grip?

palmcron

you could put neoprene around it. That's what Chinese pole circus performers use as far as I know. There was a thread about Chines Pole somewhere in this forum, just search through my postings, I posted a link to a description of how Chinese Poles are made.

norbeex3

thanks. I'll try that. Great material with that chinese pole ebook btw. :)