My elbows naturally hyper extend more than an insignificant amount past normal extension. I do not have a protractor on hand to measure, but by eyeballing one on the screen and my arm, I would say it is close to a good 20* past 180.
This puts me in an odd position for straight arm statics. I read a lot that the elbows should be locked out, but this put me in a compromising position; I don't have nearly as much strength in the joint after I pass 180*. If I do not lock my arms I have a tendency to let my elbows bend a little for support. It is very difficult to maintain a straight arm when they want to go both ways with any little movement.
The main holds this gives me issues with is the planche lean, hand stands and front Levers. The hyper extension doesn't seem to bother me on back levers or German hangs, although I am quite sure it still happens. I have some issues with it in ring supports as well.
Any advice on what I should do about it would be appreciated. I hope as I become stronger it becomes easier to maintain a straight arm, but until that point, it my elbow does bend, which way would be more beneficial towards building proper straight and tendon/ligament strength?