Jay Guindon said:I'm not sure that because we're 60% water we then must eat fruits and vegetables because they're mostly water. We can also just drink water. As far as the god made our physiology thing, I'm not going to get into a debate about religion but humans are well equipped to digest meat. Meat is also the only way humans could get B12 during our entire evolution, which is a required nutrient in our diet. We didn't have supplements until recently and we didn't consume dairy after we stopped breastfeeding. The very fact we require a nutrient that is only found in meat (and dairy, but we didn't consume dairy past early childhood and it was human milk, not animal milk) means we had to eat meat during our evolution. Many anthropologists and evolutionary biologists also believe it was our consumption of meat that lead to our divergence from chimpanzees. Learning to cook with fire and meat consumption are often argued, pretty successfully, as the very catalysts that made us the humans we are today. To say we have a physiology that is not well equipped to utilize meat is, I believe, erroneous. Anyways, I think this is maybe a subject we are going to have to agree to disagree on, so I won't be commenting on this specific issue anymore.
I'd like to explain that to my parents. They are vegan and disapprove of me eating meat unfortunately. However, I'm sure they will ask me how they've survived thus far without getting their B12. Do you know if it's found elsewhere now via processing, like bread or something? Apologies if this appears very ignorant, but the fact is... I am!