Anything good to watch on Netflix watch instantly?

Started by Neal Winkler, September 12, 2010 · 17 Replies · 6,045 Views

Neal Winkler

Is there anything that you have found on Netflix watch instantly that is both good and relevant to this community?

They just put up Cirque du Soleil: Algeria and I just started it. I'll let you know how it is.

Erik Sjolin

Peaceful Warrior is kinda cool, and relevant, sort of. You can really tell when the guy is using a double for his routines though.

Standing beside pommel horse; just some dude

On pommel horse; now he's hiding canteloupe melons in his arms.

Samuel Carr

Ong Bak (both of them) have some pretty epic muay thai fight scenes in them but its subtitled in thai

ASForum
Erik said:
Peaceful Warrior is kinda cool, and relevant, sort of. You can really tell when the guy is using a double for his routines though.

Standing beside pommel horse; just some dude

On pommel horse; now he's hiding canteloupe melons in his arms.

I second Peaceful Warrior. Brilliant movie.. :)

Tarun Suri

Book was far better though. Quick read too.

Brendan Coad
RandomHavoc said:
Book was far better though. Quick read too.

True that, my dad gave that to me when I was a teenager. I've actually been meaning to re read it recently.

Neal Winkler

Ok the Cirque movie was absolute garbage. It was a movie with some circus as a back drop. I thought it was just going to be a Cirque du Soleil show.

1 star for the disappointment.

Ryan Libke

How 'bout Gymkata. Cool idea, great gymnast, terrible movie. Probably one of the worst ever. Still, it does feature the use of gymnastics skills to dispatch bad guys.

Neal Winkler

Gymkata isn't on watch instantly.

Ryan Libke

Probably for the best.

Ryan Libke

"They just put up Cirque du Soleil: Algeria and I just started it. I'll let you know how it is."

Was that the one that was bad? I understand that the Cirgue du Soleil: Tunisia wasn't that great, either.

Neal Winkler

Yeah, it was about some kid wandering around and sometimes he would poke his head into the circus tent. I think. The utter lack of people flipping around made me not pay any attention to what was going on. I seriously thought this was going to be a taping of a Cirque show.

ASForum
RandomHavoc said:
Book was far better though. Quick read too.

I havent read the book yet, but in terms of film making its one of my all time favorites now. Lovely background score as well.

Marlon

Trianglechoke, are you sure you watched "cirque du soleil: alegria"? because that is one of their actual recorded shows and also one of my favorites. I've watched most of cirque du soleil's dvd's and they do have quite a lot of stuff thats heavy on the poorly produced narative and very light on the actual circus, but i can't bring to mind anything like what you described with a kid wandering around poking his head into a circus tent every now and then.

@wolf with one ear, I'm a bit confused by your post because i'm quite certain that there is no such thing as "cirque du soleil: tunisia"

Aushion Chatman

This is a great idea for a thread...I don't do Netflix, but I'm always looking out for good stuff to watch. Can we not limit this topic to just Netflix...perhaps if something is being televised or a lecture video that you found to be informative is released can we also post that stuff here too?

Ryan Libke
Marlon said:
Trianglechoke, are you sure you watched "cirque du soleil: alegria"? because that is one of their actual recorded shows and also one of my favorites. I've watched most of cirque du soleil's dvd's and they do have quite a lot of stuff thats heavy on the poorly produced narative and very light on the actual circus, but i can't bring to mind anything like what you described with a kid wandering around poking his head into a circus tent every now and then.

@wolf with one ear, I'm a bit confused by your post because i'm quite certain that there is no such thing as "cirque du soleil: tunisia"

I was taking advantage of spelling error to make fun. Note the word in italics in the quote included with my post. It's probably not funny anymore. :(

Marlon

OOOOh, :oops: sry

Neal Winkler

Marlon, at the beginning of the one I watched it had a bunch of kids get out of a railway car and the last one to get out is an asian boy who is featured throughout the movie. Is this the same one you are thinking of?