Hey everyone.
It seems as If I have been working on planche forever, and have made very little progress.
I have recently changed my program to include straight arm lifts with weights and have made much more progress then when I was using the 60sec static hold method.
Basically what Ive been doing is lying on the bench with my arms up, and the weights stacked all on the thumb side of the dumbbell. Lowering the weights with straight arms down to an inch off the ground (close to a back lever position) And then backup to infront (parrallel to the body like planche, not wide like maltese).
I started off with only 5 kilos and have worked it up to 11.25 kilos in each hand (3 x 7). Ive gone from being unable to progress past tuck planche to flashing a straddle planche for a few seconds.
Ill get a video up for critique soon.
EDIT Here is the vid
Anyway just wondering if anyone else has used this method? what were your results?
I got the exercise from one of the coaches from the state high performance gym next door.