This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100907

Started by Coach Sommer, September 7, 2010 · 29 Replies · 3,479 Views

Tarun Suri

This WoD finished me. I could barely lift my legs in the final round. But this is the first time I achieved 3 muscleups in a single session. It used to be 1, and then my elbows would be past it's tolerance for the day.

I did this workout yesterday, and my elbows still need time to recover. I'm loving these forums.

Joshua Naterman

You'll find that really, really light resistance triceps extensions and biceps curls will help immensely! I'm starting to do those as basic warm up pre-hab and it really does work great.

Tarun Suri

Fantastic.

I'm not sure if they somehow achieve the same results, but just starting today, I'll be doing lots of myofascial (sp?) release massages. Just got 2 lacrosse balls and massaged for like 30 mins today. Do you think the stress on my arms and rolling around and putting weight on my legs could be enough to get the type of stimulus (kinda like a mini Lsit for long period of time)? Or is it very specifically triceps extensions and biceps curls movements?

Joshua Naterman

The massage is excellent, but is a different aspect of recovery. If you do both you will get MUCH better results. The higher rep work is to grease the groove with the movement and to pump a bunch of blood through the joint to promote healing. Those sets really shouldn't be a challenge, think of them as prehab.

Max Johnson

Warmup:

Jumprope, shoulder circles/shrugs

Wrist series (palm down leans, palm up leans, 1x10 knee pushups of: dorsal, wrist, first knuckle, finger, fingertip hopping)

FSP warmup:

2 x (15s Bent Straddle + 15s Low L Hang)

2 x (15s Planche Lean + 15s Reverse Pushup)

2 x (15s Bent L-sit + 15s German Hang)

WOD

3x (3 Pullups, 3 Dips, 3 leg lifts to XR L-sit, 3 shoulder lean, roll backward to Tuck BL, Low L-Hang) with 5 mins rest

5x (15s Low L-Hang, 15s XR Support Hold, 15s German Hang) with 2 mins rest

2x10 Wall Extensions

Notes:

  • [*:152vij4m]I'm nowhere near being able to press to shoulder stand, so I tried leaning forwards with my legs raised and supported. Probably not that great a substitution.
    [*:152vij4m]I hadn't done a Tuck BL in a while until today - I still don't have a solid 30s German Hang, but I figured it was okay to hold it for a few seconds here. It was a struggle pulling out of them after the previous work though.