Chinese handbalancers are way too good.

Started by Marlon, September 5, 2010 · 3 Replies · 2,302 Views

Marlon

Acu8n2UDFpk

It's just messed up, she casually runs through every conceivable static position, transition and press imaginable on one arm for five solid minutes... multiple presses from elbow lever to one arm, one arm l-sit pike press to one arm handstand... I can't even begin to fathom what it would be like to be this good.

And here are some other fairly amazing handbalancing acts/videos which i don't think have been posted on these forums yet if anyone is interested:

LMeM-Xg5xNw

pJh6ywEgWjI

Rkzeb7GwvqU

JUEfjp5GBIk

Vj3SfOTJkwo

yuri marmerstein

good thread. some of these skills are way too ridiculous.

I notice the chinese like to stick their heads out a lot when doing one arm handstands. Oh well, whatever works

and stephenconditioning just doesn't make sense. I looked through his youtube a while ago, I thought every video was going to rubbish with a ridiculous claim, but he is actually quite skilled. Not what I expected given his appearance

whitemonkey

SWEET! I like dmitry prudnikov. He has always been one of my favorites. And that chinese woman was pretty amazing too.

John Ellingsworth

The skills are phenomenal, but what's really exciting is that the Chinese circus schools are opening up to collaboration and new aesthetic influences. The company I work for is producing a show where a visual artist / theatre-maker is directing twenty members of Shanghai Acrobatic Troupe. It's quite a long way from being finished (there's fundraising to be done...), but this a work-in-progress performance (more contortion than handbalancing, but still):

c6RlTCmyFM4

(If it's a bit fuzzy: that's a tower of glasses balanced on her foot. Each glass is designed with a small flaw that makes it more unstable.)