Comments on my planche status :)

Started by Daniel Jorgensen, September 2, 2010 · 7 Replies · 2,621 Views

Daniel Jorgensen

Here todays "max" testing of planche. 1-3 is on new paralets. 4-6 is on a captains chair, where I usually do my practise. Arms are straight, but not completely locked out.

lWcZcsmFlVE

Thats about 10 months of tuck planches :D This is how it looked like last year:

yzloSVkO4R0

Jeeez, its slow - but I'm not as young as Razz :mrgreen:

Nic Scheelings

Do more tuck planches instead of the flat tuck, ur only hitting that flat tuck for a second or two, its not long enough to train it.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
Demus said:
Do more tuck planches instead of the flat tuck, ur only hitting that flat tuck for a second or two, its not long enough to train it.

i second thar.. good job though keep it up!

Gregor

Your elbows are bent! If they are not locked they are bent!

Do more tuck planches you can do them with slightly more lean.

Daniel Jorgensen

Thanks, I'll try to film a tuck, that i can hold for 5-7 seconds...

Seiji

I don't see the bending in his arms... They aren't backwards, but they don't look bent.

I want mine like that, I have a sneaking suspicion my body would not like hyperextension.

Why is hyperextension so emphasized?

Animalonfire

-Longest lever (exactly straight would never be held accurately)

-Elbow conditioning

-Biceps + biceps tendon

-Point scoring (in gymnastics competition)

-If you can do it straight arm, you can also do it bent arm. The reverse is not true

Dillon Zrike

If your arms hyperextend the rules still apply. It simply means you must be a little more cautious. Mine hyperextend a very slight amount and I have never had problems. One of my old teammates had a really bad hyperextension problem and he was able to do planches. Just make sure you take your time and are very cautious about building your straight arm work.