I am just curious if anyone else out there is on a high fat diet (I hate this word so from now on i will use WOE - way of eating)?
My WOE probably consists of roughly 60-70% fat by calories and easily 40% of that is saturated. I only consume maybe 10% of my calories from carbs, and these are entirely in a post workout shake.
I would also venture to say that at least 90% of what I eat is animal products. Generally I don't eat any fruits, grains, nuts, legumes etc and very little vegetables. In fact the only vegetables I eat on a regular basis is the 2 scoops of wheat grass/veggie powder that goes into my PWO shake. Along with a little coconut oil, macnut oil, and whatever artificial ingredients are in my protein, these are the only non animal products I eat.
My diet generally consists of large amounts of eggs, steak, lamb, bacon, ground meat, half&half (normal milk has too much sugar, and I like the cream) and raw cheeses outside of the aforementioned PWO shake. Everything is cooked in either grass-fed butter or grass-fed tallow (if it isn't grilled). I will occasionally marinate in olive oil, but I don't typically use it outside of that. Most (around 75%) of my meat is grass-fed and the eggs are pastured and not fed and disgusting soy and only small amounts of grain. Milk Products are grass-fed and Pasteurized at the lowest legal temps.
Before the outcries of how I am going to die of atherosclerosis within the next year, I would like to note that I don't do this flippantly. Since I have started eating this way my lipid profile has improved dramatically, my blood pressure has gone down, I have more energy throughout the day and even during workouts, and my general health has improved a lot. I don't get sick almost at all anymore, when I used to get bad colds on a regular basis.
I am not starting this thread to have an argument on the merits or detriments of this type of WOE, merely to see if I am not alone. I have done more than my fair share of research into nutrition and have my own results (and the results of others I know who eat this way) to go off of. So please don't try to sway me, as it will be an effort in futility. I won't argue, but I won't agree either.