Goals?

Started by Erik Sjolin, August 26, 2010 · 10 Replies · 2,762 Views

Erik Sjolin

Following the threads about personal records and regrets closely, it got me thinking "why isn't there one about future goals, something optimistic and whatnot?"

Perhaps I didn't think that in those exact words, but I'd like to hear what some other forum members' goals are, both short term and long term.

Mine are to hold each of the static positions (which may match Jim Holloway's claim as the tallest person to hold a front lever when the time comes), some of the more advanced ring positions (iron cross, maltese and the like. As I said, these are more "long term" goals), freestanding HSPU on XR, and pike press handstand.

Obviously this isn't a complete list (or even a very good one, if you believe the requirements for goal setting that Moomoo Melon sets down), so I apologize if it comes off as farfetched or even a little immature.

Amebix138

My goal right now is to get strong enough to compete in either powerlifting or strongman and not suck. I`d like to reach 200/300/400/500 on the press, bench, squat, and deadlift respectively but will probably compete in PL sooner, like when I can total over 1000#. Gymnastics wise, I'd like to not suck at pull ups (10+). Lol, maybe I'm on the wrong forum, but this place has interesting topics even for someone not interested in holding a cross one day so I shall continue to visit.

Scott Malin

Longterm, my primary goals are a maltese cross, mana, and strict one arm handstand (ideally a press to it, who knows how realistic that is though). I'd also like to spend some serious time studying Shadow Yoga beyond the preludes. Beyond fitness, there's a whole list of things that'll keep me occupied 'til I'm 90 or so.

Gregor

very short term goal:

establish internet connection and TV signal :lol:

Longer term goal:

Finals in Europeans :roll: :oops: :mrgreen:

Razz

Long term:

Win a medal at nationals :mrgreen:

Newguy

Semi-Long term: by next march, have a strong straddle planche.

Joakim Anderson

Life goal in training: one armed chin.

Leandro

my goals, lemme think

in maybe 6 months I would like to have a full back and front lever, muscle up, a strong L-sit, going torwards V-Sit. maybe a straddle L too. Also, I want to consolidate my handstand presses, my free HSPU, witch are close, improve my flexibility by a huge amount, and heal completely my ankle so I can train my tumbling harder again;

in 1year+ I hope to get a straddle palnche, and some good progress on MSH.

after that I wish I can reach the level of iron cross, maltese, inverted cross, etc, but I don't know about these yet.

Also I want to get more cool skills on rings, High bar, PBars and floor. A flare is something I really wish to do. Giants on High bar, and a lot more

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Walking on my hands

Iron Cross

for now..

Kyle Courville

Long term: High Manna

Short term(about one year): Negative OAC