Front lever on pullup bar

Started by Kiyoshi, August 25, 2010 · 11 Replies · 4,861 Views

Kiyoshi

I could easily do the adv tuck front lever on rings but when I try it on pullup bar I start swinging everywhere and cant do it.

Like its not a strength problem , its just when I pull my legs up I start swinging so much I cant hold it.

Any help?

viking

sounds really strange. I'm guessing your jumping or at least pulling fast in to the front lever. My advise would simply be;

Go slow into the position. Controll your body during the whole motion of getting into the position.

Maybe it's a stupid answer, but I just don't understand where swinging is supposed to come from if your strong enough.

Razz

You are not pushing down on the bar hard enough maybe.. I know what you're talking about it happens to me sometimes aswell, but can't remember how I usually fix it :mrgreen:

Gregor

On bar is diffrent because it can't m.ove...Try push down earlier and more reps on a bar to get used of it

Kiyoshi
Gregor said:
On bar is diffrent because it can't m.ove...Try push down earlier and more reps on a bar to get used of it

And what do you mean by "push down"?

like with my hands or ?

Gregor

Yes, pull the bar to your body down.

jl5555

What happens if you start from an inverted hold and come down into front lever? Same problem?

Gregor
jl5555 said:
What happens if you start from an inverted hold and come down into front lever? Same problem?

I would say no. Because you eliminate swing factor.

Kiyoshi

I can finally do my front levers on the bar again. I tryed it and could hold a 15-20 sec flat tuck front lever. (its where I remember being at before.

Kiyoshi

What is better? a front lever with one leg tucked , one leg straight or a straddle

I want to move from adv. tuck to a higher progression, I think the one leg FL is easier to get into. I have a weird straddle, my legs arent perfectly parallel to the ground so they are up a little bit above my hips. Is that normal , how do i fix it?

thanks

ashita

Hey kiyoshi , i never did the straddle variation and actually i can do a full front lever about 13-14 sec.

I did the one leg after the adv.tucked , i think ifyou can hold the one leg pretty good , do it directly instead the straddle.

Record you , its important to have a perfect form , most of time the leg bent is too high and not at 90° with the body.

focus on perfect form with the one leg is more easy than with the straddle especially if you have some lack of supleness like me.

good luck

Kiyoshi
ashita said:
Hey kiyoshi , i never did the straddle variation and actually i can do a full front lever about 13-14 sec.

I did the one leg after the adv.tucked , i think ifyou can hold the one leg pretty good , do it directly instead the straddle.

Record you , its important to have a perfect form , most of time the leg bent is too high and not at 90° with the body.

focus on perfect form with the one leg is more easy than with the straddle especially if you have some lack of supleness like me.

good luck

thanks alot :)

Yeah, I'll try the one leg bent and one forward instead.

how long did it take you to progress to a full FL from adv.tuck?