Hi All
Hope everyone is doing good.. Just started doing the Front Lever and Planche progressions today, boy even the starting holds are tough. I managed to complete the 60 seconds Frog stand, First hold was only 5 seconds but my balance sucked, managed 15 secs on second hold, got balance ok and managed 40secs to make the 60sec in 3 sets, my wrists ached a bit and my hands were always adjusting for balance, overall it was ok..
The Front Lever was a different matter alltogether. I hung from my pullup bar, and brought my knees to my chest, managed 15 secs, thought it was ok, went to do another set got back into same position knees to chest, but this time as I held all I felt was intense pain in both my shoulders, managed 15sec again, done another 2 sets at 15sec but the pain was still quite brutal.. Has anyone experienced this type of pain in there shoulders? I managed to work through the pain to get my 60secs but I am a little worried.
Also held a handstand position feet on wall belly facing wall, wrists around 3 inches away from wall, held this for over a minute, I could have held it for longer but I felt a little dizzy, guess I am not used to being upside down
. Managed to do 5 headstand pushups, not very pretty or controlled but they were there, looks like i am quite a bit away from being able to do proper full ROM handstand pushups, lol.
Oh another question, I have terrible flexibilty in my hamstrings, I am around 8 inches from being able to touch my toes, so this makes doing HLRs very difficult for me, can you suggest other good core exercises that I can perform until I get my hamstrings a bit more flexible?
Cheers
Dougie