Questions about Rings

Started by OliveStrip, August 21, 2010 · 3 Replies · 2,702 Views

OliveStrip

Hey all,

I have two questions:

1) What distance should the rings be set apart at?

2) Is it a big deal if the ring straps are touching your upper arms during ring dips, pushups, etc.? I feel like this makes these exercises a little more stable and easier to perform. This is why I asked question #1.

Thanks a lot.

gymgreg
OliveStrip said:

1) What distance should the rings be set apart at?

Shoulder width + 1-2 inches works perfect for me.

OliveStrip said:

2) Is it a big deal if the ring straps are touching your upper arms during ring dips, pushups, etc.? I feel like this makes these exercises a little more stable and easier to perform.

Having the unstable element is not a bug, but a feature.

It forces your stabilizer muscles and CNS to adept. As you will use the rings more often, the instability will become less of an issue.

Razz

1) 50cm apart is competition standards

2) Yes it is a big deal, do not allow forearms to touch the straps :)

OliveStrip

Thanks guys!