This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100820

Started by Coach Sommer, August 20, 2010 · 29 Replies · 3,247 Views

Alexander Moreen

You might see a slight reduction at first till your fingers get stronger, but eventually you shouldn't. Make sure you always pumice your callouses every day, that should prevent most tears.

Tarun Suri

Sweet. Great info. I'll be incorporating that immediately. I'm much stronger pulling than pushing, so this should hopefully help me get those fingertip pushups and fingertip planche (in a few years).

Lavastine, weirdest thing is I barely see any calluses on my hands at all! I'm just assuming there was one there, or else the rip would have been one of a freak of nature accident.

Joshua Naterman

You could have basically gotten a blister during the workout! That sort of thing has happened to me digging trenches before. You may not have noticed the hot spot with all the endorphins flowing during the workout. A hot spot is sort of a slang term for a spot where the skin gets tender and warm due to the adhesions between layers of skin being broken, and is generally the beginning of a blister. If you notice it right away, and stop aggravating it, it can go away in a day or two. Or, sometimes, it just rips, like what happened on your hand.

That may not be what happened, but it's one possibility.

Razz

Slizzardman I love your videos :P "no talking no BS"

Max Johnson

My second WOD!

Workout:

Warmup:

Starjumps, jump rope

FSP warmup:

2 x (15s bent straddle + 15s low L hang)

2 x (15s planche lean + 15s reverse pushup)

2 x (15s bent l-sit + 15s german hang)

WOD - 4 rounds with 3 min rest of:

30s wimpy burpees (no pushup element), 30s skipping rope

5 bar pullups

5 ring tuck TOPs pulls

15s ring german hang

Notes:

  • [*:ag3b40x8]First WOD exercise was actually quite tiring - I'm horribly out of condition.
    [*:ag3b40x8]Last TOPs pull on 3rd/4th set was a little tough. I would start out with pullovers and naners, but my bar placement doesn't currently allow it. I seemed to cope okay though.
    [*:ag3b40x8]Still taking it slow on the FSPs and german hangs.