Hello all,
First i would like to thank Coach Sommer for his articles, that along with Jim Barthurst's Beastskills gave a new direction to my training.
Now let's get to buissness. I have a question about wrists, after doing a tuck plance on the floor, with fingers pointing forward, my right wrist started to hurt and never really stopped (it hurts for ~6 weeks causing a 6 week pause in HS and HSPU training :<) now I didn't go to the doctor because there is no swelling and I can move the wrist freely, the pain only occurs when I'm extending my wrist to ~90 degrees (a handstand for example) and pressing. the thing is that somewhere in the past (6+ years ago) I had a bone fracture in the wrist. I wonder if this might be the case or did any of You guys experienced the same.
the second question concerns elbows, when i am doing the front lever, well, the advanced tuck with more extended legs to be precise, skin the cat, or especially the back lever (one legger) I'm experiencing significant stress and some pain in the elbows which lasts for some time after the exercise. And I'm always keeping my arms straight.
I don't have anybody else to ask cause noone I know deals with such exercises.
I know that in order for You to answer these questions You might need my training history, so I'm working out for quite some time now, first for a long time (about a year I think) I did pull ups and push ups on knuckles on a daily basis, them I have thrown iron in the gym for also a year (with wrist curls being my bread and butter) I also climb (about 2 times a week, for almost a year now, this enabled me to do adv tuck front lever for example) I am albe to do 15 consecutive full range pull ups and 20 chin ups with ease, 1 hand frenchies, 12+ dips, and a muscle up, given all that it is hard for me to explain the reason behind the pain during front and back levers.
Thanks for bothering to read through this load of text :>
Chris.