8:53 second supine leg lift hold!

Started by Joshua Naterman, August 18, 2010 · 10 Replies · 3,444 Views

Joshua Naterman

Well, this is a video I did this evening. Someone asked me if I could hold my legs up longer than someone else, and of course I had no flippin' idea. So I watched the video in question, copied the guy's form exactly, and made this one. Turns out I beat him by about 3 minutes.

XxY7nqRvHuo

Obviously, we don't train for this kind of thing here, and yet this is what we get. Well, I did anyways lol! The longest holds I do are in my FSP warm ups! I haven't even attempted anything like this in six or seven years.

Here's part 2, where I pretty much just promote the GB forum. It's easy to do when it's true!

ehJH8NdON34

Blairbob

Is this supposed to be a gymnastics hollow hold? It's hard to tell since we cannot see if your lower back is pressed into the floor the entire time.

As well, generally when my gymnasts tilt their head back is when I reset the timer as this tends to cause the lower back to arch.

To note, back in my karate days we used to do holds of long duration but I'm pretty sure our lower backs would arch or heads would tilt back.

Joshua Naterman

No, a gymnastics hollow hold should never have hands under the butt, in my opinion. I guess in the beginning it could help somoene learn the hollow, but realistically that should be discontinued ASAP. I can only hold a true hollow for maybe 4 minutes. This was just for fun, as a response to a request from a viewer.

StevenL

dude, slizz... you are a beast

ashita

i tried this this morning , i failed at 6.06 min because my legs hurt me too much , not my abs.

Especially in my abductor.

I never do that also , pretty boring to be honest :lol:

But it was funny , thanks slizz (im speeydman on youtube if you remember)

Blairbob

4m?! Nice. I haven't tried pushing myself that far as I'm glad when the 1m is over.

Joshua Naterman
ashita said:
i tried this this morning , i failed at 6.06 min because my legs hurt me too much , not my abs.

Especially in my abductor.

I never do that also , pretty boring to be honest :lol:

But it was funny , thanks slizz (im speeydman on youtube if you remember)

AhA!!! Now I know who that is! :P

Yes, it is maddeningly boring. I just did it once because it was requested and I figured it wouldn't mess with my workouts lol!

ashita

yeah lol , did once but that's all , dont gonna include that in my workout :lol:

Gregor
slizzardman said:
No, a gymnastics hollow hold should never have hands under the butt, in my opinion. I guess in the beginning it could help somoene learn the hollow, but realistically that should be discontinued ASAP. I can only hold a true hollow for maybe 4 minutes. This was just for fun, as a response to a request from a viewer.

Correct hands must never be under the butt or even fingers...I never allow gymnast to put finger under the butt (if he does that all team ahs to go from the begining).

To learn a hollow I'm correcting them every few seconds.

I doubt with correct form would be time 4minutes. If so You are crazy mo***r f***** :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Stomach must be flat, back completly on the flor and it must hurt you in lower portion of abs (where is your crotch).

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

lol awesome WORK!!

Joshua Naterman
Gregor said:
slizzardman said:
No, a gymnastics hollow hold should never have hands under the butt, in my opinion. I guess in the beginning it could help somoene learn the hollow, but realistically that should be discontinued ASAP. I can only hold a true hollow for maybe 4 minutes. This was just for fun, as a response to a request from a viewer.

Correct hands must never be under the butt or even fingers...I never allow gymnast to put finger under the butt (if he does that all team ahs to go from the begining).

To learn a hollow I'm correcting them every few seconds.

I doubt with correct form would be time 4minutes. If so You are crazy mo***r f***** :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Stomach must be flat, back completly on the flor and it must hurt you in lower portion of abs (where is your crotch).

Yep. It's horrible lol! I don't do that on a regular basis, it just takes too much out of me. I've done it a few times over the past three months and at first I barely got 90s, but I was doing a lot of 1 minute holds and eventually 3.5-4 minutes was my limit. Core strength and endurance is something I have a long history with.