This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

jshaw's workout log

Started by Josh Shaw, August 17, 2010 · 1 Replies · 638 Views

Josh Shaw

so i'm finally getting around to starting my log. back at the beginning of may i started a SSC working the progressions for FL, BL, PL, and L-sit. I was doing the following static holds, plus some corresponding FBE's.

BL tuck - 8 sets 8 sec

FL tuck - 10 sets 6 sec

Frogstand - 5 sets 15 sec

L-sit low - 8 sets 8 sec

I was going to go for 8-10 weeks, then retest, but I took a week off for vacation and came back 7 lbs heavier :shock: plus i had to go away for work the first week of august, so i decided to stretch it out until i got back. i retested last weekend. my new routine is as follows.

Workout 1 (vertical)

BL tuck - 15 sec x 5

FL tuck - 12 sec x 5

Bulgarian pullups - 3 x 5 reps

Advanced Frogstand - 6 sec x 10

Bulgarian dips - 3 x 5 reps

L sit - 6 sec x 10

HLL - half - 3 x 5 reps

Workout 2 (horizontal)

BL tuck - 15 sec x 5

FL tuck - 12 sec x 5

Bulgarian body rows - 3 x 5 reps

Advanced Frogstand - 6 sec x 10

PPPU - 3 x 5 reps

L sit - 6 sec x 10

weighted archups - 3 x 5 reps

I try to squeeze in 3 workouts per week (MWF), alternating between workouts 1 & 2. I do the BL and FL together to cut down a little time. The advanced frogstand I'm doing on parallettes until my wrists catch up. i'm doing 1-2 sets of 10 wrist pushups and some planche leans every night to try to work on my wrist strength and flexibility.

I'm also trying to work in some yoga and handstand work 2-3 days a week whenever I can, but it probably won't be until the end of summer until I'm able to nail down an actual routine.

Josh Shaw

mixed things up a little bit this morning. i wanted to add some training for the muscle-up into my workouts, so i'm changing up the push/pull FBE's in my vertical workout (workout 1). instead of the bulgarian pullups, i'll be doing false grip pullups for 3 sets of 4 reps to start. i'm also replacing the bulgarian dips with regular ring dips, trying to lower myself as far as i can into the dip before pushing back up. to start, i'm doing 3 sets of 5 going deep enough so my armpits hit the rings.