Okay So I have this friend who is 20 (I think) who wants to learn the planche, So I gave him the quick crash course test in BTGB planche training (Frogstand 60 seconds then adv Frog...) so about 2 or so weeks later when I see him again he said that he had to lay of doing it any because he hurt something in his back while doing the Reg frog stand. He has had no previous gymnastic experience although he is quite strong from working on his family's farm. Anyways I have never heard of the planche injuring/hurting your back. any ideas anyone? I did not have the time to show him any basic stretch's, maybe I should have :oops: ?
Well here is my "prescribed" workout for him
M, T, Th, F
60 Seconds of L-sit
60 Seconds Reg Frogstand
3-5 L-pull ups
Critique anyone? He has a packed schedule so I wanted to make it as short and effective as possible.
Thanks for the help and critique in advance, this is my first time teaching someone else so I really appreciate any pointers.
The hopefully notsonewguy