Handstand

Started by Niels Joergensen, August 14, 2010 · 7 Replies · 2,251 Views

Niels Joergensen

Hey guys! :D

Recently I build some parallettes and wanted to make a form check on my handstand.

When I kick up into the handstand my linement is flawed. Only when I'm in the handstand can I correct my linement to horizontal. :(

Is this because I'm not tight enough when I kick up into the handstand?

Thanks in adavance :)

http://www.vimeo.com/14139035

Razz

You need a slight bit more shoulder flexibility it seems. When you kick up try to press your arms backwards in the same way as if you are opening your shoulders.

Niels Joergensen

Ok thank you! :D what whould be the best way to handle this? Do you think wall extensions and shoulder dislocates 2-3 times a week will do the trick:)?

Razz

Youtube Ido portal's shoulder and scapula routines and start doing those aswell :)

Niels Joergensen

Ok :D

Damn don't have any resistance bands...

Niels Joergensen

Great! and yes that is very cheap to say the least! :o However I have no idea how much resistance I should choose. The options are either soft or extra hard...:P I know it's diffucult for you to say, but do you have a clue what would be appropriate for me? :lol:

Razz

Pretty sure soft is like ridicously soft, it usually is at least. So I'd go with the extra hard one for sure.