Aerials And Front Aerials

Started by jamesters, August 13, 2010 · 10 Replies · 2,311 Views

jamesters

I'm wondering about chest position for aerials and front aerials.

My regular aerials are really good. I keep my chest up. However, I see some people who let their chest drop on aerials and they still look really good. They have a different appearance, but they're still aesthetic. Does chest position really matter for aerials?

I'm basically wondering the same thing about front aerials. These are a new skill I'm working. I've been told you're supposed to let your chest drop for these. What happens if you try to keep your chest up, will they just not look as good?

jamesters

I guess no one likes me anymore. :(

Or maybe no one liked me to begin with. :cry:

Cole Dano
jamesters said:
I guess no one likes me anymore. :(

Or maybe no one liked me to begin with. :cry:

Silly man, i have a feeling its just no one had a good answer for you, of course we like you. :wink:

Guest

What Mr. Brady said. It would also help to be as clear as you can in your questions and descriptions (and include videos, which you normally do and which is very helpful). For example, I'm not sure what you mean by 'dropping the chest'. Of course I can imagine something but I'm not sure if that something is what you meant :D I can do aerials (no front aerials though) but I have no idea if I drop my chest according to your definition so therefore I have no idea whether or not I can add something helpful... see what I mean?

Of course, English is not my first language so that may be part of the problem, but stil...

Joshua Naterman

Yea man, I've been waiting to see if Coach would put something here, I don't know squat about tumbling!

Sternford
slizzardman said:
I don't squat about tumbling!

?

Blairbob

The chest will drop on either aerial as at some point you have to get inverted. However, think tight back versus rounding over.

Joshua Naterman
Sternford said:
slizzardman said:
I don't squat about tumbling!

?

I fixed it! My laptop keyboard plays tricks on me...

Sternford
slizzardman said:
Sternford said:
slizzardman said:
I don't squat about tumbling!

?

I fixed it! My laptop keyboard plays tricks on me...

Ha! I thought it was some kind of idiom.

On topic, I think I drop my chest for regular aerials, but I don't land them well so I am probably not a good guide. I'd imagine a front aerial with your chest up would just look like a front flip step out

jamesters

I'll be traveling out of town for a week, maybe in a couple weeks I can post video examples.