This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100810

Started by Coach Sommer, August 10, 2010 · 15 Replies · 2,271 Views

Coach Sommer

pTUn2-sF3Hw

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run

40’ Senders

10 Jumping Deck Squats

5 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x60 seconds of Seated Toe Point Stretch.

notes:

1) The Shuttle Run should be performed with an all out effort. The primary focus of the Shuttle Run is to elevate the heart rate over 170 BPM.

2) Perform your shuttle runs in the following fashion; sprint out 5yds & return, sprint out 10 yds & return, sprint out 15 yds & return. Continue in this fashion non-stop for 60 seconds.

3) Move immediately from the Shuttle Runs to the Senders to the Jumping

Deck Squats to the Depth Jumps.

4) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

5) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

Kenneth Manning

Today's WOD:

4 rounds

60 sec stationary bike sprints

10 box jumps (4' box)

5 depth jumps (4' box)

10 jumping deck squats - 3x10, last set only 4. Was beginning to feel bruising/brush burn on my spine. Really need an exercise mat for this.

Seated pointed toe stretch 2x60 sec

Gavin Strelitz

First WOD for me, and was pretty brutal on the legs.

3 rounds:

60 sec shuttle runs

40' of jumping for height and distance

5 X Jumping deck squats

5 x Depth Jumps

2 x 60s Seated Toe Point Stretch

Philip Papandrea

First WOD for me also. I can't believe how hard the WOD is. It looks so simple but after doing it i'm smoked! Felt like I was running in slow motion for the shuttle runs and my legs feel like jello after all the jumps. Will definitley be sticking with the WOD's from now on after trying one and seeing all the posts recommending it.

4 rounds:

60 sec shuttle runs

6 box jumps 3'

10 X Jumping deck squats

5 x Depth Jumps 3'

2 x 60s Seated Toe Point Stretch

Joshua Naterman

Welcome to the WODs! I've missed the last three since I've been working on the bathroom all day. Thankfully it's almost done!

I hope everyone keeps posting their WOD on the daily WOD threads, because it really helps everyone to see all the different ways the WOD gets scaled!

It's also nice to know that other people are out there doing the same thing, and that some of them have the same difficulties you do! It makes everyone feel a lot less inferior, I think. The daily posting of each person's progress makes an excellent community!

Stewart Whaley

Complete four rounds:

60 sec Shuttle Run --> 60s of speed work w/ jump rope

40’ Senders --> 10,10,8,8 box jumps onto a platform about 34 inches.

10 Jumping Deck Squats --> 10 deck squats, more hopping than jumping :(

5 Depth Jumps --> 5 jumps from platform

2 seated toe point stretches

2 weighted pike stretches

In preparation for a Colorado elk hunt this fall, I carry a 50 lb backpack everywhere - to/from work, 3 blocks to the gym and back at lunch, etc.

Today it was pretty tough getting back to the office after the WOD.

Saber2

Ok so today I finally did the appropriate shuttle runs. Still not what coach calls for but I definitely believe my heart was well over 170bpm. I went to the high school field and did some shuttle runs at a set distance ~50+ feet.

So what I did is four rounds of:

60s shuttle runs

~50ft jump for height and distance

10 jumping deck squats

No depth jumps

Finisher for me was practicing soccer. Various activities.

I think I need to incorporate more shuttle run activities (ie stop-sprint) in my cardio days because this really whooped my butt. I also think its due to the changing directions that also makes it tough.

Please see my log for further discussion on todays WOD. I only post there because I don't want to make a lenghty post here.

Theodore Bushnell
slizzardman said:

I hope everyone keeps posting their WOD on the daily WOD threads, because it really helps everyone to see all the different ways the WOD gets scaled!

It's also nice to know that other people are out there doing the same thing, and that some of them have the same difficulties you do! It makes everyone feel a lot less inferior, I think. The daily posting of each person's progress makes an excellent community!

Highly second this comment. I have found it extremely helpful to scale or find reasonable substitutions. I do the posted WOD 2 days later so that I can prepare/plan and this is easier with all the imput. Also nice to know others are suffering.

cheers,

ted.

Josh Schmitter

Agree completely with slizzardman's original comment and tbushnel's second. It is the epitome of invaluable information.

This WOD also kicked me around. I don't know if it was the heat(I think it was about 95 and in the sun when I did this) or if I was a little dehydrated to start out with or both...the shuttle runs killed, back on the HIIT train for me :).

4 rounds of

60 shuttle

10 box jumps(onto steps)

10 jumping deck squats

5 depth jumps(only 2 rounds of these after landing a little funny....do these off the top of my car into grass)

I skipped the seated toe point stretch since the last number in the coaches notes was not "DO NOT skip the seated toe point stretch." Ah, but I jest...I was just done after the workout and my toe points are one area that I feel confident in. No shin splints and can point without a problem during l-sits, handstands, etc. for long amounts of time. This is not to imply I will skip it again :)

Joshua Naterman

I'm about to hit this one now, at 10:30 pm. I'm finally getting close to being done with this accursed bathroom! :P It doesn't help that all my stuff is split on two different sides of the city...

Joshua Naterman

It feels SO GOOD to work out again!

I am very excited to say that I did 4 rounds of:

40 seconds shuttle run

35' senders

10 jumping deck squats for height

5 depth jumps, 40" with a jump off the top.

2:30 rest between rounds.

The only rest I took was to set up the last half of my homemade senders setup! it got in the way of the drive into my little cul de sac. Set up took around 10 seconds. I'll show it off tomorrow to give everyone ideas on how to set this up.

Graham Smith

Sorry about this, I live in a metric country and I'm a bit confused about the apostrophe. The depth jumps should be of a box of between 3 feet to 10 feet high according to the WOD? If so. Does that mean in your last post slizzardman that your depth jumps were from an object 40 feet high? because I'll tell you man, if you can do that, I'm on the wrong forum :shock:

Cole Dano
slizzardman said:
Welcome to the WODs! I've missed the last three since I've been working on the bathroom all day. Thankfully it's almost done!

I hope everyone keeps posting their WOD on the daily WOD threads, because it really helps everyone to see all the different ways the WOD gets scaled!

It's also nice to know that other people are out there doing the same thing, and that some of them have the same difficulties you do! It makes everyone feel a lot less inferior, I think. The daily posting of each person's progress makes an excellent community!

That was my motivation to start posting on the WOD page, since i on most everything i have to do lots of scaling i hope it at least is helpful for the newcomers.

Like yourself i haven't been able to get everyone in the last week, as my commitments at the studio are more. The fall season is starting and there is always a lot of work to do getting schedules out, updating the web site and so on.

Is there any particular recommendation of what to do if you miss a WOD, i.e. do you just skip it and go to the next next or keep following in sequence?

Joshua Naterman

Primate: HAHAHAHAHA!!! Ah, such a polite way to tell me I made a mistake!

I've known people who could seriously do 20-30 feet. Without injury. I think I'm a bit too big to go beyond 20, but right now I'm around 5 feet total, with my jump off the wall.

I also forgot to do the stretches. I'm doing them now.

Mr Brady: I think you just pick up where you re-start for the most part. It's a bit difficult to try and be off by a week forever, you know? You could do 2-a-days if you've only missed 1 or 2, but more than that I say skip it and start on the current day's WOD.

Cole Dano
slizzardman said:

Mr Brady: I think you just pick up where you re-start for the most part. It's a bit difficult to try and be off by a week forever, you know? You could do 2-a-days if you've only missed 1 or 2, but more than that I say skip it and start on the current day's WOD.

Thanks Slizz, that's pretty much what i figured, but never hurts to ask.

Graham Smith

This was a really nice workout. Short but hard. The kneeling toe stretch was great!

4 rounds of:

60 seconds of skipping rope (lousy weather out for doing shuttle runs)

40' senders

10 jumping deck squats (I really need to do more of these)

5 depth jumps from 4 foot height (I need to train more before approaching Slizzardman's superpowers!) These were a little hard on the knees, but not too bad. I need to strengthen my vastus medialis to avoid knee problems, especially since I'm heading skiing in a couple of weeks :lol:

2 x 60 seconds kneeling toe stretch plus 2 x 60 second calf stretch.