Hey guys
I put together a compilation of most of the exercises that I'm doing for shoulder rehab/stability. I've made a thread on my issues in the past, located here
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3838
I'll sum up my issues- About 6 months ago I went to an orthopedist, complaining of frequent, exercise induced dull pain in my mind back, and occasional, more severe pain around my shoulders. She said I have scoliosis, and also a muscular imbalance which has caused winging scapulae (especially on my right side). I did two courses of physical therapy (one month each), which helped in some ways, but certainly didn't get rid of my problems.
Over the past few months, I've been refining and modifying the physical therapy exercises, including some stuff from Ido's routine and Slizzardman's band video. The video is below- feel free to scrutinize my form (and sorry for the bad camera angles). I am not as fluid I would like on some of these exercises
Also, I recently got a pain in my left shoulder upon reaching behind my back or high above my head, which Mr. Brady told me was probably impingement. I'm not completely sure whats going on, since in the past week I've had no sharp pain, but rather soreness where my bi's and tri's meet my shoulder on the outside of my arm.
But, forgetting my left shoulder, I really want to fix the problem which prompted me to go to physical therapy in the first place. Whenever I do pushups, bear weight in front of my body, or certain other exercises like curls and shoulder presses with cables, I get a dull pain in the middle of my back under the scapulae, that lasts for around 1 minute, and is intensified by exhaling completely. It gets better and worse, depending on how warm and supple my back is
Braindx said in the other thread that he thinks its my serratus posterior superior- I don't know anything about treating this, but google found me this link, which seems to describe the 'symptom' and says it can be caused from scoliosis when the thorax presses against the scapula
http://www.massagetoday.com/mpacms/mt/a ... p?id=14049
Anyway, sorry for throwing so much information/links at you guys. I really want to resolve this problem- so please take a look at the video and tell me what I'm doing right or wrong, and what to continue doing. Also, if its of relevance, heres a workout log I keep on another forum. Thanks
http://bodyweightculture.com/forum/show ... hp?t=15828
Also, heres a list of the exercise names at the bottom in the video
1. Shrugs
2. "pinches"
3. "touchdowns"
4. rows
5. prone cobra
6. push ups
7. pullovers
8. dumbbell scapular protraction
9. foam roller thoracic extension
10. external rotations
11. From Idos routine (band circles, various positions)
12. dislocations
13. front chest pull, various angles
14. one arm band extensions (made up name?)
15. back press
16. archer's pull