Training FSP once a week will improve my strength?

Started by Alex Solis, August 6, 2010 · 5 Replies · 2,576 Views

Alex Solis

I can only train FSP on Saturdays. If I do so, will it give me strength gains? Also, another important question: on how many different static positions should I focus my training?

Joshua Naterman

What stops you from training FSP other days?

You should focus on all 6 FSP.

Alex Solis
slizzardman said:
What stops you from training FSP other days?

I train gymnastics from Monday to Friday 2 hours a day. We train a lot of strength, so I'm afraid I might get overtrained if I add my FSP training to these days.

BTW, thanks a lot for answering!!

Joshua Naterman

You should be working your FSP as a part of your warm up. Don't try and kill yourself with them, they are not supposed to be high intensity. You should consider them skill work and pre-hab (injury prevention) if anything, NOT strength work. 4 days a week is plenty. Look at Thursday's WOD, I posted a video of my warm up. You'll see how I do it. I am NOT pushing myself very hard.

Alex Solis
slizzardman said:
You should be working your FSP as a part of your warm up. Don't try and kill yourself with them, they are not supposed to be high intensity. You should consider them skill work and pre-hab (injury prevention) if anything, NOT strength work. 4 days a week is plenty. Look at Thursday's WOD, I posted a video of my warm up. You'll see how I do it. I am NOT pushing myself very hard.

Thanks a lot! I'm going to do this for my warm ups 4 days a week =] I really appreciate all your answers slizzardman!

Joshua Naterman

You're welcome!