Joint &flexbility routine help

Started by Cody Clark, August 6, 2010 · 5 Replies · 2,726 Views

Cody Clark

Hello I need help making a flexbility routine heres what I got so far

1. Wall Extensions 10 reps

2. Shoulder dislocates 5 reps

3. wall walking bridge 10 reps

4. weighted pike stretch 5 reps

ANyway i can improve this or any exercises that should be in it that aren't any help will be helpful thanks

Jason Stein

Cody,

Two immediate thoughts: if you haven't, incorporate some D-ROM movements at the beginning, arm circles, leg swings, etc. (Though maybe you consider that your warm-up and that's why they aren't the list.)

Second: I don't notice any exercises on your list that will improve hip and groin mobility and flexibility, e.g. cradle walks, squats and squat variations, straddle, pancake, active straddle, cossack switches, horse, pigeon, shin boxes, etc.

Just a thought.

best,

jason

Razz

splits???

Cody Clark

I can't do the splits but, how could I put it into my routine thanks

Razz

Cody you're allowed to do some research yourself :) You just get as deep into the splits as you can and then try to go a bit further, that's why it's called stretching.