Hello
Just wanted to see what people have to say about how the old time strongmen and how they trained. I have always had a interested in th way they trained. Just wondering did they combine everything into their traing like gymnastics, O lifts, Kettleebells, and odd object lifting into one. Or did some just do own thing and just did what worked. I have noticed however that just about all the old time strongman had some type of back ground in gymnastics, acrobratics, or even wrestling. Long before they ever becam strongman. I know that Sandow was a Circus Acrobait before he became a strongman. This probably just added to his success. Saxon said when he was young he climbed trees and did wrestling with his weightlifting when he was 18. Could gymnastics be another secret to the oldtimers strength and power. What do you guys think aboout how the old timers trained.