This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100805

Started by Coach Sommer, August 5, 2010 · 30 Replies · 3,606 Views

twan

I actually have a question that is not related to this topic.

After watching slizzardman's training video, I saw him using a timer to set for his FSP.

What type of timer do you use? I am looking to buy one myself because I find it difficult to count correctly

while doing exercises like front lever, etc..

I would also like to buy one with an alarm when the pre-set time is reached.

I hope you understand the last part, English is not my native language.

Saber2

Hey there are a few options you can use. I personally recommend the Gymboss interval timer. You can set two linked timers up to 99:59 minutes and for a total of 99 rounds. I use it for the FSP as well as timing rest between rounds because it takes all the guess work out of timing. It costs $19.95 + shipping but totally worth the price. It does have an alarm so you don't have to look at it. It beeps letting you know when to stop or begin. I am sure there are other options out there that might be a little cheaper for just timing but for me this thing is perfect. A seiko stop watch which does the same but allows you to input hours costs 4x as much. This little gymboss timer also has a stop watch feature, no laps. Anyway I hope this helps because like you I started using this thing for these workouts when I noticed slizzardman timing his holds.

The only reason my answer is so long is because about a few weeks ago I was researching all the options before I made this purchase.

gymgreg

I second what Saber2 said.

The Gymboss not only beeps, but also has the option to vibrate, in case you listen to loud music.

Another option (if you workout near a computer or own a smartphone) is http://www.online-stopwatch.com/, which also has an interval timer, and a lot more.

Johann Wimmer

+1 for the Gymboss Timer, awesome device :)

Joshua Naterman

I just use a kitchen timer, but that's already around 10 bucks for a decent one. If you can get something like the Gymboss for 20, that's the way to go!

I do love the online stop watch, I use that all the time when I'm at a friend's house and I forget my timer.

Cole Dano

iPhone apps have some excellent interval timers. I just picked up UltraTimer which allows for multiple varied intervals if you have the phone its very inexpensive and easy to program.