Facility Guidelines/Manual

Started by Husker, August 3, 2010 · 2 Replies · 3,526 Views

Husker

Hello Everyone,

I apologize for the long winded post..and if I missed this somewhere in the forum. I appreciate the patience with this.

I am curious if there is a facilities design manual all ready published or other general guidelines for buildling a gymnastics facility that is known and well-used throughout the gymnastic community.

Reason I ask....I am currently writing a chapter in my thesis that compares and contrasts training facilities and program designs from the early 1900s when physical fitness program designs in the US was heavily influenced by the German Turn Verein, Czech Sokols, Swedish Ling, and other systems from various immigrant populations with modern facilities today.

This thesis will have a direct impact on the Special Operations community and is focused on the "Tactical Athlete."

The National Strength and Conditioning Association and Human Kinetics have published quite a few books about facility design that include detailed space requirements and other considerations for emplacing modern weight training equipment, Olympic lifting platforms, etc.

Do these exist for gymnastics facilities as well?

Two quick links to see the difference between training halls of yesterday versus training halls today:

http://www.ihpra.org/indoor%20gyms/gym23.jpg (yesterday)

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... LID=603653 (today)

Again, thank you for your patience....I understand that everything comes from movement, and gravity is really all you need to develop strength (i.e. open field for Soldiers)...cheap, dependable, and free.

Have a great day...and be safe.

Blairbob

Not particulary. There are some guidelines but they mainly pertain to safety guidelines.

Husker

Thanks for the reply....I appreciate the patience.

Cheers,

Husker