question about hs wall runs

Started by twan, August 2, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,599 Views

twan

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding hs wall runs. I have implemented this exercise in my new steady state cycle for the upcoming 8 - 10 weeks. The only thing is I find it very hard to balance on one hand. Is it ok to initially hold your hands farther away from the wall than when doing hs wall holds? Also I seem to feel this exercise mainly in my traps and entire upper back area? Is this normal or does this just mean that this is my weak link during the exercise? I'm very interested in my results after 8 weeks after hearing such great things about this exercise.

Joshua Naterman

That's fine if you have to. I personally do them about 12 inches from the wall, stomach to wall.

You will obviously feel them the most in whatever muscles are getting pushed the farthest past their current ability, so you could say that what you feel the most are possibly your weakest links.

Make sure you're not doing these more than once a week. Coach has spent a lot of time screwing around with the programming for these and he's found that his athletes don't get anything extra out of more than once every 7-10 days.

ASForum
Make sure you're not doing these more than once a week. Coach has spent a lot of time screwing around with the programming for these and he's found that his athletes don't get anything extra out of more than once every 7-10 days.

Another point to note.

Coach, Slizz, Blairbob: Can we add a small Editable Wiki ? It might help assemble & organize such nuggets of information lost in discussions. In fact a good Wiki could help you put together content for your Next/ Other books in an easier fashion.

I did a lot of research during my Masters and while doing Consulting on Document and Content Management tools.. stuff from "LateX" to Enterprise CMS / Wikis. :)

Blairbob

Sounds like a good idea. Why don't you message Coach about it if he doesn't respond to this thread within a few days.

ASForum
Blairbob said:
Sounds like a good idea. Why don't you message Coach about it if he doesn't respond to this thread within a few days.

Sure :) Would be nice.