This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100802

Started by Coach Sommer, August 2, 2010 · 12 Replies · 2,143 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete the following:

3x10 Tempo SLS

3x5 Tempo HeS RLL

3x30 seconds Tempo ½ Windshield Wipers

Finish with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation.

notes:

1) Rest 3-5 minutes between sets. It is your personal choice of whether to perform this workout in a giant set or straight set fashion.

2) Alternate legs for each repetition of the 10 repetition SLS set.

3) Add additional weight as necessary to make the SLS and HeS RLL sufficiently challenging.

4) Use a Tempo of 313 for this workout. This equates to a 3 second descent, a 1 second pause and a 3 second ascent.

5) ½ Windshield Wipers are found on BtGB, pg. 139.

6) Choose a straddle L variation that allows no more than 10 seconds of work to be accomplished at a time.

Alexander Moreen

What would be 1 step up from 1/2 windshield wipers? circular HLL or full wipers?

Guest

This looks like a workout I won't need to scale down. I won't be doing weighted SLS or RLL though.

*edit* I did scale it down slightly after all - I used a doorknob for a bit of assistance during the SLS sets because the tempo made keeping my balance slightly more difficult. Also, my 1/2 windshield wipers were limited in their ROM due to the setup of my pullup bar. Instead of close to 180° I could only move about 100° with my legs extended. But they were nice, never tried them before. My legs dropped a bit below horizontal at the end of the sets.

I finished with 60s aggregate work of one-hand center straddle-L.

Alvaro

3x giants sets of:

-5X back squat (I can´t perform SLS due to my left knee injury) tempo with 40 Kg.

-5 RLL He, more solid only 4-5 inch short of floor.

2X15 1/2 windshield wipers, 30 in a row was too much for my legs!.

60 secs aggregate straddle L sit, I feel it weaker than other times, I have to begin warming up with the Static holds.

Erik Sjolin

Alright, this one was pretty nice! A light workout, but I have a feeling I'm going to be cursing those words later this week.

3x10 SLS negatives each side

3x5 HeS RLL (got no weights at home)

3x30 sec 1/2 windshield wipers (performed on stall rack with sweater behind me and arms slightly flexed to keep my shoulders between the rungs. Otherwise it really hurts. Would it have been better to do this on a pull up bar, I wonder?)

6x10 sec one hand centre straddle L (it felt odd. Left hip hurt (as usual), and my straddle was just within 90 degrees, but it was doable for the time slot. Though I may have been leaning back a bit, or was completely upright.)

Kenneth Manning

Today's WOD:

SLS bw x 10, 20lbs x 10, 30lbs x 10

HeS RLL bw x 5, 5, 5 - these felt better than ever, legs straight, toes to floor, really feeling improvement here.

3x30 sec half wipers. Had a tough time keeping legs parallel for the entire time but not too bad

6 x 10 sec PB straddle (legs below parallel)

Coach Sommer
... A light workout ...

This is incorrect; this should not have been a light workout. As instructed in this WOD's notes, if straight tempo SLS were insufficiently challenging, then additional weight should have been added until they were quite challenging for the assigned repetitions.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Erik Sjolin

Owch, sorry coach! I meant light in relation to the handstand days, where (for some reason) I could barely stand afterwards. My legs still felt like jelly after this and I was sweating bullets, but it didn't feel quite as strenuous as some other workouts on here.

That's probably because I did something wrong though.

Josh Schmitter

Had a decent amount of time today so I did this one straight with about 3-4m breaks between sets.

3x10 tempo sls onto low box...last couple reps I had to speed up the tempo..

supersetted with

3x15s(ish) hold at top of pull up

3x5 HeSRLL, actually able to do full pike for all but last couple reps on last set...my neck actually gave me the most trouble.

supersetted with

3x20s hold at bottom of chin up(I could do longer holds but with all the ab work I toned it back)

Did wipers on the ground as I don't have a stall bar or a place to hang with enough room. Is there any substitute for a stall bar besides a pull up bar? I feel like I really need that shoulder support...

6x10s straddle L, legs under parallel and straight for the most part.

This felt pretty good, like I actually made a little progress, but I still want to get to 5 full SLS to the ground. I'm also going to be rocking a M/W/F stint for a while as I'm adding a pulling/dipping routine to my workout either added to or subbing for the WOD's...we'll see what happens.

Joshua Naterman

This was rough! I did the giant set approach:

1: 10 SLS +20 lbs; 5 HeS RLL +8.8 lbs; 30s half windshield wipers.

2: 8 SLS +20 lbs; 3 HeS RLL + 8.8, 2 BW; 30s half windshield wipers.

3: 10 SLS +20 lbs; 5 HeS RLL + 4.4; 30s half windshield wipers.

By the 3rd set my half windshield wipers were slightly bent the whole time. That's tough! I would have had to a rest/pause session to do 10 SLS in the 2nd round, so I just did 8. I did rest pause slightly on the last 2 reps in round 3.

Low straight straddle L for 6x10s.

Stewart Whaley

I went light because I knew my evening would be rough.

At lunch at work gym:

3 x 10 deck squats need to improve flexibility. I have the strength to SLS but not the flexibility so working on slow deck squats.

3 x 5 He RLL - straight legs to the floor and back. will be a while before add weight.

3 x 5 Tempo Wipers on the floor - prior low back injury so taking it slow

Tonight was:

1 hour kickboxing

1 hour catch wrestling

I am dead now :D

Gavin Strelitz

I'm going to complete a SSC and then get some rings and move over to working the WODS on a M/T/Th/F basis. One questions though. How do you work the FSP's in conjunction with the WODS? Do you just complete all the FSP work and then do the WOD after? Or is the WOD designed to be done by itself?

Alexander Moreen

This one was very hard, I did

3x10 SLS +25 lbs(this could have been a bit heavier, 35 next time)

3x30s 1/2 wipers(then 1x20s actual wipers and 1x10(5 each way) circular HLL, out of which I actually found 1/2 wipers to be the most difficult)

and then I wasn't sure how heavy I could do HeS RLL so I warmed up and did 1 with +25 which was immensly difficult, 1 with +20 which might have just been doable for 3x5 but I didn't feel like getting a stroke, and finally 3x5 at +15.5 which was challenging, but fair.

Finished up with some false grip holds and pullups on a very skinny bar and some finger forward floor straddle L(135 degrees wide about, straight.)

I feel that my ab compression strength is much higher than my extended body ab strength, as in all the L and V variations are much easier for me than a body lever.