Here is how you can minimize various types offatigue and get the most out of your strength training:
1) limit the repetitions to five and fewer;
2) increase the rest intervals between sets to a duration of three to five minutes;
3) limit the number of sets to two;
4) pause and relax between reps;
5) do not practice a lift more than five times a week.
That's what Pavel says in Power to the People!
I really like to increase at my pull-ups, since I already increased a lot at my paralettes dips(from like 6 to 12+). But at the moment I have to do 5x4 to get to my 20 pull-ups (watch my Workout Log) , leaving a few reps in the bank each set.. For dips I do 5x4 tog(leaving way more in the bank), and I seem to get much more strength gain. So what should I do?
Drop in the number of total pull-ups and only do 2x3 every workout? Or just do more sets with less reps, so 7x3 instead of 5x4..
I am a teenager, and I think most teenagers like to pack on some muscle, but I think I can drop that for a little while and make gaining strength my primary goal, so what should I do to get optimal results??